Why does my clutch stays engaged at 0 throttle when running fast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashz

Hey, maybe this is just normal behaviour but I have noticed after installing new standard clutch on my Rovan Lt that at high speeds if I release the throttle the clutch is still engaged until the car slows down to a moderate speed due to the drag of the engine being working at idle. Imagine that instead of letting your real car free rolling in neutral you keep the 1st or 2nd gear engaged and the car slows down.

Im paranoid because this usually makes the engine to work very lean and last time that something similar happened - the clutch was completely wore out and was eating the clutch bell (thats why it got stuck that time).
I’ve already checked that it was properly installed and the 2 arms can separate freely.
Also this has happened since the 1st tank with the new clutch.
Does this happen (to some extend) to you guys ?

the clutch will stay engaged at say 6k, 7k, 8k etc depending on what spring you have installed for the clutch,
so if the engine is above 8k revs on the over run then it wont disengage untill engine revs drop below 8k,
in other words its normal ,
centrifugal clutch, so engine revs keep it locked to the bell,
if it bothers you then just give a blip of the throttle every so often to add a tad more fuel as the engine slows down (y),
never had an issue with engine lean seizing myself on over run in over 30 years of petrol rc

That makes sense, maybe the effect is more pronounced in this rig compared to others because I run low gearing for acceleration so that makes the motor pinion to spin faster than my other setups.
Thanks Spents

Id also check the clutch bell bearings too. If the bearings get loose the bell won't be centered and catch the clutch
Thats exactly why I previously got worn out clutches so often, I noticed too late owning the car that the bearings were completely screwed, they felt very notchy and everything but smooth, these fuc*ers even destroyed my crankshaft seal and bearing!

What clutch bolts are in it zenoah bolts have a thinner shank, so if there in a ddm clutch there will be play in causing the clutch to stay open.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks