Why rcr breaks are so awesome ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe for Losi but these pads are so much better.the stock Baja pads are absolute poop , no braking power and fade like mad .
Hmm, ya they are different. I tried it both ways and this was what worked best for me anyways. Metal on metal seemed to heat up and not work as well late into a long bash. The system is fantastic though. One of the best upgrades I made.?

For the Hpi Baja, there's really nothing that works better with the stock configuration. I've run multiple gallons with mine over the years and they still lock the ass end up like it's nothing using a hitec 5645mg servo. There's hardly any wear on the pads. I would say maybe 1/64" at most on the pad contact surface. And there's no fade that I can tell.

By comparison, I ran the FFRC carbon fiber disk with aluminum calipers, and both disk and calipers lost about 1/8" of material within a gallon of use and had the same fade problems as the stock kit.

I'm running the stock brakes on my Baja but I ditched the ninja star piece between my rotors and put an extra pad between in it's place. So 2 stock rotors and 3 pads. Brakes like a champ now. It can lock the brakes. I had to turn dual rates/expos way down just to stop the brakes from locking. I find the main problem with stopping isn't the brake strength, it's the fact that the rear just locks and there's not enough grip in the rear end to stop the car. It'll really benefit from front brakes. If you're on a budget, definitely just get rid of the useless ninja star and put an extra brake pad in it's place.

I'm running the stock brakes on my Baja but I ditched the ninja star piece between my rotors and put an extra pad between in it's place. So 2 stock rotors and 3 pads. Brakes like a champ now. It can lock the brakes. I had to turn dual rates/expos way down just to stop the brakes from locking. I find the main problem with stopping isn't the brake strength, it's the fact that the rear just locks and there's not enough grip in the rear end to stop the car. It'll really benefit from front brakes. If you're on a budget, definitely just get rid of the useless ninja star and put an extra brake pad in it's place.
same here..?..I was on stock rotors/pads for years with a 3rd carbon pad..?...an 35kg savox an my rear locks up sweetas ?....now I have sum bartalone discs yet untested ?

Im on the stock KM throttle/brake servo, I've just bought new discs, ninja star and pads couple months back due to breaking the star. I have little springs between the pads to keep them off the disc but I have more than enough braking power to lock the rear end up on any surface with any tyres.

Im on the stock KM throttle/brake servo, I've just bought new discs, ninja star and pads couple months back due to breaking the star. I have little springs between the pads to keep them off the disc but I have more than enough braking power to lock the rear end up on any surface with any tyres.
Suppose different people different experience ?‍♂️ my rovan would barely stop with the stockers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks