Widest tire on baja 5sc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Parks

Print my own
What are some wide tire setup ups you guys are running on Baja? Looking at running the same width tires that are say on a 5b on the front as well. I have a kraken cage with flm long arm suspension. 20180630_105648.jpgScreenshot_20180702-211912_Chrome.jpg

Dark soul and others make hub extensions, or you could go the route of adding extended arms as well....or both....lol but you should have no issue finding parts to achieve the look you’re after.

I actually already have flm extended arms so I'm set there. May end up just needing spacers20180630_105648.jpg

If you want bad ass tires, look at bishop racing tires. Their molded on the rim and will not balloon or break bead locks. You also need to purchase IRP hubs. If you go with the ddm aluminum wheels and putting out any real horse power they will not last.. If your gonna spend that kind of cash get the good stuff, they sell super spike or knobby tires that are better than the hostiles. And you don't need foams. What I do is keep the stock plastic rims with knobby on the front to cut down on weight and put the irp hub and bishop tires on the rear, that's were it will make the difference. You will not be disappointed, this setup puts all the power to the ground. I run a 4 degree toe in , with 1.5 degree camber with a 2 degree anti squat. I have all the traction I need and it turns on a dime!!! good luck Machine head

How do they do for traction on hard packed ground? I run on alot of clay but some grass.

Who has them in stock? I see Detroit performance Carrie's them but there out of stock

Go to bishop racing products .com .The web site is not so informative, call them, they will pick up the phone and get you what you need. Go to IRP.com get the phone # and call the owner. His name is Buddy, he's my friend and will set you up with the correct hubs you need . You can tell him Vince sent you.He's a good guy and has great products. later Machine Head

Talk to Buddy at IRP, he's friends with the owner at bishop racing products. The tires and hubs work together. Buddy will help you get the right application for your truck. He's a good guy and been in the rc industry for 20 years, he knows his struff. Just call and talk to him. You will save a lot of money, you just need hubs and wheel for the rear. Your front is fine. Machine Head

Go to bishop racing products .com .The web site is not so informative, call them, they will pick up the phone and get you what you need. Go to IRP.com get the phone # and call the owner. His name is Buddy, he's my friend and will set you up with the correct hubs you need . You can tell him Vince sent you.He's a good guy and has great products. later Machine Head
It burns me up that the USA vendor for BRP's seems to not have them in stock for what seems to be over a month. I was about to just order them from RCMax.UK but thought about it... they're made in America. It wouldn't be wise for me to order an American-made product from across the pond with elevated shipping, customs, and the British pound all working against me price-wise. BRP is just a couple states away from me in Arkansas. I'm gonna give BRP and IRP a shout tomorrow and attempt to order direct.

You can order direct from BRP (I have). Take a week or 2 usually pending where he is on making a batch. He does them by himself so have to give him credit. When places like Detroit and others get them in the u.s. they sell in a few days if not the first day. Then he is stuck waiting again until he gets the next batch. Mike (rcmax) owner is a good guy to deal with, and you will have them in 2-3 days from him but you will pay more with the exchange rate and shipping.

You can order direct from BRP (I have). Take a week or 2 usually pending where he is on making a batch. He does them by himself so have to give him credit. When places like Detroit and others get them in the u.s. they sell in a few days if not the first day. Then he is stuck waiting again until he gets the next batch. Mike (rcmax) owner is a good guy to deal with, and you will have them in 2-3 days from him but you will pay more with the exchange rate and shipping.
Okay, I didn't know they sell so fast. Quality product though. Which do you recommend for a 65cc, the knobbies or spikes? I really want the spikes (190mm) because I like the fatter tire to take up some of that wheel well space but I don't want the spikes if they wear quickly.

I run knobbies with kold kutters as the ground I run on here in wyoming is pretty hard (clay) and the spikes wear to quickly and won't dig like the kold kutters do. If you run on green grass and soft ground then you want the spikes. 49724

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks