WiFi Direct Connectivity for Quadcopter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harsha H N

We're trying to achieve connection between Android WiFi & Wireless WiFi adapter module(Like Edimax or TP link).
WiFi-Direct is supposed to connect to legacy devices as well. But, there appears to be a strange problem when interfacing another WiFi device.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...gh-wifi-direct-beaglebone-black-and-android-a
The question posted at StackOverflow has not garnered any answer or comment as of now. Can somebody consider figuring this issue out? Thanks for your time and consideration.

Last edited:
Is there a 'safe shutdown'?
BT Internet LOST connectivity yesterday because of Henry - imagine if that was a large quad- or hexa-copter which went careering into a playground full of school children, or indeed wandered into the flight path of a major airport.

Not a fan of the idea to be honest. Perhaps I need more information, but I see major limitations in personal safety and potential compromises.
Al.

Last edited:
The problem I find with wifi is that when the signal get's weak your device will jump to the next best/strongest connection. I don't have experience with wifi quads just what I've experienced through different wifi connected devices.

Is there a 'safe shutdown'?
BT Internet LOST connectivity yesterday because of Henry - imagine if that was a large quad- or hexa-copter which went careering into a playground full of school children, or indeed wandered into the flight path of a major airport.

Not a fan of the idea to be honest. Perhaps I need more information, but I see major limitations in personal safety and potential compromises.
Al.
Yes, there's safe shutdown if WiFi coverage is lost & user will be informed about the WiFi signal strength on Android.
I wish to know how to establish connection between the wireless WiFI module(Edimax or TP link) with Android WiFi Direct. We tried a lot on this but linux computer fails to detect the Android WiFi Direct.
Regards,Harsha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks