Will a Hostile plastic spur hold up to an OBR 34ss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cooper04

Hey guys. I’m supposed to be getting my engine back from OBR soon and wanted to gear it up from the 17/57 gearing to 19/55 but my only option right now is the hostile set with a plastic spur gear. Do you know if it’ll hold up to the engines power or not? I don’t jump my car any and mainly just bash in grass fields if that changes much.

no . with my obr 30.5 they didn't last, doubt they will with a 34. i currently run a poopy china one and its been flawless.
Thanks. I was really wanting the ddm black magic gears but the set I wanted was out of stock. Might just wait on that then

they have been out of stock since early last year. i asked in like april 2020 and they said "soon". i wouldnt count on it
Oh I didn’t know that. Any alternatives then? I saw blackbone gears but they needed a blackbone clutchbell too and I didn’t really want to end up spending that much

I think blackbone is the best choice . because it has a lower weight . I have black magic 19/55, but I think it's too heavy.in my opinion . lighteen spur gear can deliver slightly higher power on the rear wheels. what do you think ? I want to try it.

I have an obr 30.5 with hostile 19/55 gearing on it and i beat the hell out of it. I've had those gears for a couple years on it and they've held up just fine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks