window cutout question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briguy

Hello,
Should I cut out the back window, and rear door windows on my Audi
dtm body for proper airflow? I have seen a lot of vids of guys not cutting out any windows. Thanks
Brian

I would cut the side and rears mate they like cool air and heat does build up with these cars and the performance will drop off without them getting some air flow

I hate cutting out windows, but I don't race and don't hammer for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Ruins the looks, weakens the shell, just looks wrong, unless ... you can make it look like it was 'meant to be there'. By that I mean I cut some windows like they've been lowered, on a 1:1. AGREED, before you say it, I'm contradicting myself as it is weaker than the ovalled manner in which Voo did his, but it looks MUCH better.

To me, LOOKS are VERY IMPORTANT.

Sorry, that's me!!

Al.

agreed al it does weaken the shell but they need cool air and you can cut them to look open as you said which I like not a fan of the oval cutting just don't look right fg doe's make a roll cage so if the worst happens and it go's on to its roof it should help

100_1637_zps70c42638.jpg

Probably very correct.
The airflow will be erratic and with extreme temperature, thus air density changes depending on direction.
If the wing does normally have an effect, then it will definitely be variable I can imagine - just like 'real racing' (I mean 1:1)!!

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks