Winter running...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwarfy

It was only 5c at ours today on top of the peninnes & when the snow comes we generally get a good covering up here. It will be my 1st winter with the FG & def want to take it out in the snow! Is there anything I need to do differently for colder/wetter conditions?? I have a lexan cover over my radio tray & receiver is in its own box. Any other tips??

Yes mate ,big coat ,bobble hat and a pair of mittens!..........lmao....
J.

Oh,a flask of hot bovril...............................lmao even more!

Cold weather loves plastic.....crunch time...you will need to run the engine a tad
bit richer....air will be cold & thin...you will need too run more fuel.....
plastic get brittle in the cold..snaps pretty easy....Keep the electronic's dry...
few tricks to do that....Slawhammer

a good trick for servos is to dip them in plasti dip, the stuff you put on tool handles. then cut away around the gear to mount the servo horn. it seals them up good.

Yes mate ,big coat ,bobble hat and a pair of mittens!..........lmao....
J.

Oh,a flask of hot bovril...............................lmao even more!

Bet you were rolling round on the floor when you had posted that! Good advice but was thinkin more about the FG :clown::clown:

We are not blessed with white sand & warm sea air like you :clown::clown:

Mate,I was laughing like a demented lunatic......just had a fit of the giggles when I wrote it.
Hmmmm.....Ah,the FG,right,even though you have a posh plastic tray its not going to be 100% water proof. I use silicon sealer.If you take your servo horns off and run a bead of silicon round the spline and then wipe the excess off with your finger it will make them virtually water proof also go around the seams with a bead too! Silicon the base of your aeriel tube and the join on the box.don't forget to wrap your receiver in bubble wrap to stop vibration.
J.

Ok I will give the silicone a go! Piss taking aside the flask is also a good point - I will give you that 1:clown:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks