Wiper motor servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronvos

Hello. I'm new to this but like some help please.

I did build a 11 foot long coca cola xmas truck

I have a transmitter and receiver from an old remote controlled car which I like to use
This car had no servos but electric motor for steering mechanism.

The receiver needs 9 volt which I can supply with a 7809 transistor.

I also have a mini servo.

There receiver has a h bridge on it .but to light to run a wiper motr

Can someone explane to me a easy to understand way what else is needed and how to go about it please.

I have a wiper motor for steering servo.
I also fitted a 5K potentio meter to the shaft.

My first question would be is how many channels is your transmitter. If it is a basic car set it is most likely only two, possibly three channels. If you are going all out, lights for the rig, trailer, possibly a multispeed transmission, you will want a multi channel land radio set. They make them for the RC tanks and such. Then you can control all your accessories easily. Also most receivers operate at a rather low voltage. Is your rig gas or electric?

My first question would be is how many channels is your transmitter. If it is a basic car set it is most likely only two, possibly three channels. If you are going all out, lights for the rig, trailer, possibly a multispeed transmission, you will want a multi channel land radio set. They make them for the RC tanks and such. Then you can control all your accessories easily. Also most receivers operate at a rather low voltage. Is your rig gas or electric?
Hi. It's electric and 2 channel.
I just like to know about connecting it up
Ones it was I have a better understanding by go bigger and larger.

Since you built this by hand and from what it sounds like nothing rc related other than the radio system your gunna have to show us pictures of what your working with and it sounds like your wiper motor idea is going to be too powerful for an rc receiver to handle. Usually a wiper motor in a car is energized by a relay so you may have to use something else to turn your semi....and I believe a wiper motor spins 360 degrees and the wiper linkage is what makes the wipers go back and forth

There are plenty of servos that can handle steering duty, the radio only sends a signal to the servo or esc to control them. There is no switching of power/ground done by the radio. Servo power doesn't have to go through the radio, it can be bypassed via a direct power harness. Unfortunately it seems you've put the proverbial cart before the horse when it comes to rc electronics. At best your going to have to come up with a PC board and some programming to control your wiper motors. Highest rated servos I've seen are normally around 8.4 volts nominal. If your running chrystal tech you may as well pitch it, as nothing is rated for high voltage needed to power a set up such as this. As the other have stated pictures will be needed of your gear so we can see what your working with and can give recommendations based on what we see.
Cheers

Are you talking about a 1:1 car 12v wiper motor or something else. I run a D11 dozer with 2 12v car window motors using a sabertooth esc. I wouldn't trust an 11 foot rolling semi with CHEAP toys r us electronics

IMG_20210402_050102.jpg

This is my 11 foot long coca cola xmas truck. Signwriting In stall on Monday as I'm just out of hospital. Went in with what I thought small health problem , but was told im terminally ill. But show must go on 😜

IMG_20210410_170951.jpg

The receiver from toy remote controlled car.

Its a 2 channel receiver and as those 4 transistors are not able to handle the current of wiper motor , so was considering replacing those with 4 ,tip3055 transistors heatsink mounted. I was also thinking of taking the wires of the servos motor and just use connect this wires to transistor who will switch 12 volt 10A current to the wiper motor.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks