Wiring up 5th scale with dual servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterK71

Hey All, Finally got to take my FIveT out for practice this weekend and had a freaking blast, only issue I had was I smoked one of my servos for steering in about 15 minutes of run time, dual set up, ran a single the rest of the night. Pretty sure it had to do with running the second servo on an Aux channel and adjusting steering trim and not the aux at the same time... my bad. Anyone have recommendations on wiring up this set up that would avoid this issue? Dual steering, single throttle/brake. Really just want it to be bullet proof, not sure a Y harness can handle the draw?

ok...so u connwct the rx lipo to this lead...and then 1-2-3-4 servos have direct power from the lipo with out going through the rx....basically(y)..if u Google it u can see a diagram of how it works
ok...so u connwct the rx lipo to this lead...and then 1-2-3-4 servos have direct power from the lipo with out going through the rx....basically(y)..if u Google it u can see a diagram of how it works
Does this unit in turn plug into the RX then? Is this a kind of voltage regulator to stop from frying the RX?

yes this way u take all the strain off the tiny rx circuitry by by passing the servo power bits...so ur running all 3x direct from the lipo(y)
You're awesome, SOOooo, what would be the benefit of running either of these options? Seems like the MTXL set up is a lot less burdensome, the BEC 4 unit must have some extra benefit??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks