Woooo Hoooo. My Buggy is finally here!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Small2Large

This thing is AWESOME. It appears to be in great condition. Only changes from stock are a different radio and an upgraded Hitec HS 5745MG steering servo. I paid ~$254 shipped so I think its a decent deal.

I probably won't try it out until this weekend.

Here are some pictures. Last pic is with the on road tires I bought from the same seller for another $51.
IMG_2151.gif
IMG_2152.gif
IMG_2153.gif
IMG_2154.gif
IMG_2155.gif
IMG_2156.gif
IMG_2157.gif
IMG_2158.gif

Paid $51 for these onroad tires. I will mostly be on pavement and I don't want to ruin my nobby tires.
IMG_2159.gif

Last edited:
I wonder what the previous owner ran that buggy through? Looks like drywall dust or lime.. Looks like it has a steel pinion gear and a Hitec throttle servo, that's good!

I wonder what the previous owner ran that buggy through? Looks like drywall dust or lime.. Looks like it has a steel pinion gear and a Hitec throttle servo, that's good!

Hmm, I think you're right about the pinion gear. That's cool. The throttle servo is a run of the mill Hitch hs-311. 49oz tq, $10 at most places.

Looking good...you can belong to the firehammer club.....
excellet buy...enjoy...have a good time...Slawhammer

Do you have an air compressor? If so, you could spray down everything EXCEPT the brake disks with WD-40 and blow it all off with compressed air. You buggy will then look brand new and shiny!

Do you have an air compressor? If so, you could spray down everything EXCEPT the brake disks with WD-40 and blow it all off with compressed air. You buggy will then look brand new and shiny!

Sure do. I've done that exact thing before with a old kyosho plastic buggy and it stayed greasy for like a week. Will this happen with the buggy to?

I just let the WD soak in for about 10-15 minutes in the sun (I don't know why but it seems to work better) then blast it with compressed air. It takes the junk off and leaves a nice shine... I guess it could be considered greasy??

Last edited:
furniture polish works good for cleaning plastic and smells better. you can also clean the bodies, incl windows, with furniture polish.... I use an old amway anti dust spray. I don't get complaints about the smell if I bring it inside to clean while watching hockey, even if I do make a mess of the carpets lol (my excuse is I own a carpet cleaner so when it stains I can fix that lol)

being an auto detailer by trade, I have experimented with other products like tire dressing and that works good too. leaves a silicone covering that repells dirt (I also use that on tires if going out in muck so it cleans easier after, and works to keep muck from building in the treads on 8th scale racing too )

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks