work this out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renbar

right got a used 23cc zenoah ebay bargain it came today striped it down to check it out looked like new clean inside not carboned up just clean so put my flywheel which i have lightend coil carb all from my 29cc which is no longer with us then back in the car tryed to start it no joy tryed every thing going carb factory settings ect took it back out striped it back down nothing wrong back in car still wouldnt start back out and apart agian and again still no joy i thought id try a old piston id been playing with ive filed the top dead flat and smoothed and polished it just a experement the ring is good and tryed it and fired up within 3 pulls don't understand this as the piston that came out looked brand new its a low drag one the ring looks 0.7mm going to try the car out tommorow se what its like

yeah ive got 3 plugs when one got wet i let that dry try another but got it working with my modded piston then put low drag piston in no go all working now with the modded piston so going to leave it in and try it later

well good news first try in my small car park at home and its working good trying to pull a wheelie on gravel while going sideways the mammoth rear tyres are well worth the cash if youve got 2wd and want a bit more grip then get them, before my 29cc broke the car was lifting up the front wheels on demand its never done this the whole time ive had the car put the mammoths on now it will. just need a longer run with the 23cc bit of tuning ect but alls looking good

I had a brand new headkit I couldn't get to start. sent it back and ddm sent me a new one. they never did tell me what was wrong... I admit I put the piston in backwards first go around... DOH stupid brain... but even after fixing that it never started. I think my arm still hurts to this day. I busted a new pull start trying. adjust, change adjust... finally tossed my old 23 back on and started first pull, man was I pissed

I had a brand new headkit I couldn't get to start. sent it back and ddm sent me a new one. they never did tell me what was wrong... I admit I put the piston in backwards first go around... DOH stupid brain... but even after fixing that it never started. I think my arm still hurts to this day. I busted a new pull start trying. adjust, change adjust... finally tossed my old 23 back on and started first pull, man was I pissed

I just went through this. In the process of sending my kit back to DDM also.

yeah thats the tyres on supers rig i cant belive difference in grip levels plus ive now got anti roll bars fitted front and rear its a different drive much better plus it wants to wheelie on demand its not a crazey flip wheelie but a controlled one. i just need to get it out in a bigger area further testing as ive only had a 5min try im sure it will be ok

check the ring in the orig pistion isnt Sticking in the Groove.
the Ring may be slightly out of round, so your not getting enough compression to fire up.
if its sticky (ring) that also may allow too much blowby, decreasing compression in the dome, and stopping it from running?

which ever the case, it does sound like a ring quirk.

i might try a new ring on it the piston looks a1 not at all black on the top no carbon build up whats so good about these low drag pistons i think its 0.7mm ring the ring does look ok but is a bit sticky when in its groove fitted is this the problem can it be sorted out maybe on flat surface with a bit of fine wet and dry to clean up the flat surface of the ring top and bottom

nice. i was wondering if you had tried to shave a bit off the top or bottom of the ring. making sure it was flat thru the circumferance.

sometimes grime and oil residue builds up in the groove, and that can help lead to the ring sticking in the groove a bit. this may be a bit of a thing to keep an eye on with the Low Drag ring setups.

maybe i just put a bit of wet and dry paper on kitchen worktop and gently work it in circles both sides only took about 5 mins fired straight up sounds good to nice n revy through the victory pipe

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks