WORST/BESTho MODEL SHOPS?whats your take...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
WORST/BEST MODEL SHOPS?whats your take...

ok whats your take on this?
i want to list out my worst model shop incounters.and best.
im going to rate them like this...
intresting to see what you lads think.
i mostly order fg parts so every modelshop should have good supply cause fg are popoular right? now a lot of my orders are mixed manufactures cause i also run nitros.
now some are going to be based in the states and most uk,here goes.

1/modelsport uk-4/10 some orders i paid for in excess of 200euro with credit card and they supposedly had no record of them,:nono:slow as hell with orders and deliverys,bad fg supply.good with mcd and hpi,still4/10

2/rossendale models 10/10 great service,fast no bs deliverys good stock and over the phone ordering without part numbers.

3/rc demon uk,5/10 bad order service one of my recent orders he claimed never went through:nono: recent order over the phone spent hour talking through everything and after all that he never got back to me on it..B.S

4/kevs racing bits,2/10supposingly one of the uks most experienced hobbiests
that had a huge shop with loads of customurs including me,but went burst catching out everybody out of a load of ££££ including me:2guns:plus they took for ever with orders .

5/ripmax 10/10 great suppliers of all models and parts,they supply most of uk.

6/king cobra/10/10 great supply and fg hop ups they too supply rossendale models.

7/team fast eddy/10/10 one sound guy,unbelievable shipping,my order came faster from him than if i had to order from uk...UNREAL,good supply and stock,and replys to e-mails too.

8/hobbythek germany 8/10 great service and fast shipping with a good supply,but bit high with there taxes also would want to sort out there web page which seems to fiddle with orders a bit,mmmm like adding an extra of some items to cart.... and u end up with two sets of somethings and double the charge.

9/wheelspin models uk, good bunch of lads that stock every possible part but a bit slow with fg, 8/10 quick delivery though.

10/ o neills racing,cant rate these guys cause i just ordered my first engine kit today,we will see how it goes now with them.

Last edited:
Hi

Disagree on ModelsportUk. I'm using them for more than 5 years and never missed an order. Always fast delivery and the most online accurate stock system i've seen. For me i wish they stocked some more brands. Price wise they're very competitive at times even lower than ebay?! 9/10

RossModels. I agree with fast delivery but still need to sort out their stock system. I was waiting for weeks for their system to show an item in stock while it actually was! . Their stuff needs lacks knowledge on some rc sections.
Price wise need to be more competitive 6/10

King Kobra. Agreed on them. Excellent service and go out of their way to help out. 9/10

Jespares. Accurate stock system, very nice service and extremely fast. always there to help out if problem arise. Minor mix up on one order. 8/10

How come so much experience on Uk shops ? You're from italy right ?

Last edited:
haha no im not from italy im from ireland.
prob as far away as italy though lol

i agree with you,modelsport i taught were good at the start but they did do me out of two orders which i had record of payment even my credit card company had!
and when i confronted them on the phone all they said was orders had been already sent,they don't give a s##t, it was me paying for the phone call...bull.... i never got them,and im talking of around 300euro,i don't like the guys after that,i bought my fg beetle from them,now that fg parts have gone up in price theydont stock them rtr anymore,most uk dealers don't.

Last edited:
Lets see, I have used three only:

1) DDM stokes 9/10, service 10/10, delivery 10/10 prices 9/10.
2) HOBBYTHEK stokes 10/10, service 9/10, delivery 9/10 prices 6/10.
3) LARG SCALE RC stokes 8/10, service 9/10, delivery 8/10 prices 9/10.

i personally think the worst shops i have yet to find was in the uk either they FORGOT ORDERS or just simply forget you,don't reply e-mails or they just simply waste peoples time WERE THE FOLLOWING-

UK RC DEMON

UK MODELSPORT UK

KEVS RACING BITS

1/ rc demon wont ship me an order that i payed him for and he denys he got the payment,yet the order was placed on his online shop and payed for via paypal..... sad!!

2/ modelsport forgot to send me two of my orders,one for an fg tuned pipe,other was gears,fuel lines two spoilers,NEVER GOT THEM, and that order was placed last april (
excuse- fg stock bad, fg suppliers changed,hence they don't stock many new fg veichles any more,WHY SHOULD I SUFFER and not get my order though??

3/ kevs racing bits uk/ SHUT down catching me and i presume loads of others for lots of orders and TIME and £££££££

Last edited:
DDM 10
Oneills 10
Vancouver Hobbies 10
Advance 7 high shipping charges
Hobbythek was 9 now 7 for high shipping charges (changed their insurance policy have to have it now)
Big boys toys 4 high shipping and a bit nonchalant when package took about 3mths
Pro5th 10 for excellent customer service when I had a problem...very nice guys.
couple of others that try to charge ridiculous shipping charges to Canada who I'll not mention.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks