Worth the upgrade on a MTXL?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dropabomb

Been thinking of doing a small upgrade to my MtXl by replacing the stock dynamite 29cc motor with a Zenoah 320. I was wondering if you think it will be a noticeable difference or do I need to love right into an OBR or Bart engine? Was hoping to keep it fairly cheap but still having some bang! Thoughts?

thanks yeah my goal would be to give it more kick without having to upgrade anything else. I thought if I went to big i would have to replace other parts

The g320 vs the cy29 is night and day. Different cylinder design, larger cc. its a better engine overall.

Keep an eye on your shaft pins, loctite them and boot and grease every joint but the joints on the trans.(they cant be booted because of the brake set up. The slots would allow grease on your brake disks, bad mojo) I think you can still run the flm center shafts, I'd have to check to see if they are the same as the dbxl. If @Thrasher sees he can chime in in that. I think it's just the stub shaft that's longer in the center set up. Other then that you'll have to check with rc max to see if they released better axle shafts for the wheels. It's a poor set up on both platforms.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks