Xb screaming!!!! Need wheels???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtx_f

Ok got my XB a couple of weeks ago (love it!). I ran a few tanks through the engine low and mid power to marry the piston and sleeve. Found that the stock carb was leaking fuel so I replaced it with a walbro 990 carb. Replaced the stock exhaust with a jetpro pipe (highly recommended by you guys). Futaba reciever ordered. Killer bee kill switch on back order waiting on that. So I took it out for first real run.... This thing was screaming!!!!! Unfortunately on pavement due to our Chicago track full of mud and snow. These stock wheels are not very impressive and were chewed up pretty quick. So I guess this is the next mod. I'm looking at desperato wheels with bow-ties. Are there any other good options? Second I like the look of the wider desperato rear wheels either on the rears or all around. Do you think that will be to much for the drive cups? Also for those out there that have these wheels is there a big difference in quality? (compared to the stock wheels) Thanks for reading and any advise :D!

Last edited:
Are you Going to be Running on Asphalt until Spring??? If so I would wait to get the Bow-Ties til it gets nice again. I don't think that the Rears would be to Much for the Drive cups. If they are buy the Upgraded Diff cups.....I haven't seen a XB with the Rears Mounted on all Fours.

Ok here are my wheels and tires for the parking lot. These are baja chrome plastic wheels with hot bodyz aluminum bead locks. These are 5t rears all the way around. 100_0512.jpg 100_0511.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think th Deperado rears are smaller than those Cordy? Those wheels look huge! And problems with the cups? I guess if there was the hardend hop ups are not too expensive....

Do you think th Deperado rears are smaller than those Cordy? Those wheels look huge! And problems with the cups? I guess if there was the hardend hop ups are not too expensive....

Take a Look at my Website. Picture the Rears a Tad bit Smaller "Height" than the Front Bow-Ties......I run the Rears on my XT and the Fronts on my XB......The Pics are under the Gallery Section....

http://rampagehotspot.weebly.com

:D

Ok the wheels are hpi part #338(120x65x10mm offset) the tires are rc4wd rear dune reapers (outer dia. 7.51 inches(192mm) width 2.7 inches(70mm). I don't know what the desperado rears are you may have to check proline for specs. These are for the sc truck , I have not had a problem with them . The x series are all the same sc,xt,xb. The same cups on all three I believe. Remember these are for pavement,not the track, for the track I would be useing my elcon`s or my mx`s.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks