XRT or 5ive T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think you want any of our upgrade lists then lol. I'm a futaba fan.
I will search for yours… and I will eventually get some of Rep’s. It’s just that it is a little like drinking from the fire hose at the moment.

Do you have a Futaba combo you like? I’m thinking 4-5 channels for adding kill switch, maybe lights, maybe something else like reverse if I want the headache of figuring it out. Having expansion is better than not, right?

As David Letterman would say, “It’s better to have Lou Rawls and not need him than need Lou Rawls and not have him.”

I will search for yours… and I will eventually get some of Rep’s. It’s just that it is a little like drinking from the fire hose at the moment.

Do you have a Futaba combo you like? I’m thinking 4-5 channels for adding kill switch, maybe lights, maybe something else like reverse if I want the headache of figuring it out. Having expansion is better than not, right?

As David Letterman would say, “It’s better to have Lou Rawls and not need him than need Lou Rawls and not have him.”
I run a 3pm but a 4pv would be my new go to if I had to get another basic radio. Really only need 3 channels, not into lots of lights so no need to have a dedicated channel to turn them off and on.

I run a 3pm but a 4pv would be my new go to if I had to get another basic radio. Really only need 3 channels, not into lots of lights so no need to have a dedicated channel to turn them off and on.
Is there something weird with a Futaba receiver and spektrum servos? I’m a little at a loss here.

Original thought I had was just to go to Dx5 rugged with a sr515.

But the Futaba keeps whispering to me to go that way.

So the servos should just plug into the receiver. Be it Futaba or Spektrum? That’s what I was thinking, but I read some stuff about shaving one of the plugs because it didn’t fit.

The receiver that comes with the 5ive T won’t support a kill switch right? AVC is incompatible correct?

You need to replace the receiver or comes with anyway. I'm not a spektrum fan for land based rigs, avc is essentially a gyro which had no place in a land or water based rig, imo. Futaba has always been my go to even before avc was a thing, back to the days of crystals lol. Can't ever go wrong with one imo. Prices are a bit nutty these days, I have no experience but sanwa keeps coming up as a favorite alternative. Flysky also keeps coming up, but my experience with them has been lackluster with range issues, so I can't reccomend them.

You need to replace the receiver or comes with anyway. I'm not a spektrum fan for land based rigs, avc is essentially a gyro which had no place in a land or water based rig, imo. Futaba has always been my go to even before avc was a thing, back to the days of crystals lol. Can't ever go wrong with one imo. Prices are a bit nutty these days, I have no experience but sanwa keeps coming up as a favorite alternative. Flysky also keeps coming up, but my experience with them has been lackluster with range issues, so I can't reccomend them.
This should work right? Just curious if the r304sb receiver bus is gonna have any issues with the spectrum servo connections.IMG_2251.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks