Yankee 1:4 Need Some Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phoenex

As the title says I need some help identifying a 1990 + Yankee with a NASCAR body.

I've had this car for several years tucked away while I got involved with 2 Baja's and 2 FG's. I bought this Yankee from a friend expecting to have a great time driving it but along came the Baja FG phase of the hobby and the Yankee sat on the shelf. It is complete with an extra motor and I believe that both motors run. They both have excellent compression. Ok here is the issue --I'm not sure if I want to keep this or sell it and I have no idea what it might be worth, the actual year it was built, or if anyone local to Long Island, NY has one of these.

Pictures below and more specific pictures available if anyone has any questions.

20160109_112908_zpsyd3djbma.jpg

20160109_113034_zps6vukaeql.jpg

20160109_113042_zpswm3j6p2p.jpg

20160109_113052_zpsw0zytrzi.jpg

20160109_113104_zpsxzcebwkm.jpg

20160109_113114_zpskilzj8qc.jpg

Any info or comments would be greatly appreciated.

I was looking at them at one time. they were made by some guys around east of Monticello NY.

I think you are 100% on the money. The guy I bought it from bought the car up around the Binghamton, NY area. That hobby shop has been out of business for quite some time.

I do work in the Syracuse area quite often. Hydes is my favorite hotdog place in the US. Where do you run your cars?

Hello Phoenex I run the cars across from the Fair Grounds on the old 690 road bed it's is paved road.

Cool I may bring my FG up with me in the spring ----Do many guys run on road up there of is it mostly off-road?

I stay in Brewerton so pretty close to that location.

I run my fg with a bunch of friends in Long Island NY and run my losi 5t that switch it to onroad and also 1/4 scale runs there too

Cool I may bring my FG up with me in the spring ----Do many guys run on road up there of is it mostly off-road?

I stay in Brewerton so pretty close to that location.

To tell the truth I am the only one that I know of. Did you know about Supper Dirt Week they are going to be racing at a new complex just north of Breweton along side Rt 81 just north of the exit and entrance off 81 on the west side. They are going to have everything it would be nice if they would have a 1/5 scale track. Ed

Yes I did know about that track. There is another dirt track for 1:1 right in Brewerton and I have been trying for 2 years to get there on a Friday night but haven't made it yet.

Thanks --- Did you recently buy the Yankee off ebay? I was looking at one like that a while back.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks