Yes...an air filter question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njsipes

Looking for an aftermarket air filter for my Losi DBXL. First time doing some off-road bashing with it today and the stock air filter doesn't do the job. I'm new to this, but it doesn't seem normal for dirt to penetrate both filters and start to work its way into the carburetor. A few questions:

1.) Would this be a good filter? http://www.davesmotors.com/rcmk-air-filter-for-losi-desert-buggy-xl-dbxl-xcr-1000.html

2.) Should I be oiling both the inner and outer filter? (I only oil inner usually)

3.) Are the Outwear pre filters any good? Do you run the truck with those on? (Thought they were for looks)

Thanks for answering my newbie questions.

I use the DT-1 filter I like it better than the stock being that it's smaller profile.

You should be oiling both so they catch more dirt

Outerwear a are good specially the pull start one. As u don't want any rocks going in there

The one on the filter is also good. It's just another level of filtering. Specially when running on fine dirt or sand

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I'll definitely start oiling both the inner and outer filters. I did order an Outerwear filter for the pull start because a rock did happen to get in there and chipped a blade off the flywheel...learning as I'm going here lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks