Your FIRST R/C?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducky

Lot of posts about what people have and stuff, but I was wondering what your first R/C car was?

Mine was a 'Tamiya Wild Willy' when I was 9....26 years ago. :blush:

Hey Ducky, that was my first real rc car too , had loads of fun with it and then turned it into the willies wheeler, i think that was what it was called, it was a honda city.

I think i have photos some where , might have to dig em out.

Before that they were just rc toy cars..

hello

hello ducky

mine i think was a little aeroboard type foam plane (don't know name) was around 8 or nine, 21 odd years ago lol

back in 1992 an english man who plastered houses for us gave me a 1/8th scale electric baja, this machine was serious quick and i must say i was hooked...

he was a nice fella karl was the guys name from nottingham,he had lots of largescales too at the time,havnt heard from the man sinse 1995 or 6 lol

then my next big hot onroad(big for me at the time) this machine i rekon would have been 1/10 scale,it ran on tracks was called fast trax (i think tyco) mad little fun device...that would have been when i was 17 18 years old,around 1996

our taste and quality in these machines has evolved a lot sinse then:)

Last edited:
Hmmm... 1955 was a plastic yellow piper cub plane ,,with cox .049 engine
2 channel radio...fixed rudder and only 2 servo's..throttle and elevator...
then a grass hopper...buggy style... electric..Back then I thought it was fast...
Maybe to far back for some of you guys....Slawhammer

hello ducky

mine i think was a little aeroboard type foam plane (don't know name) was around 8 or nine, 21 odd years ago lol

back in 1992 an english man who plastered houses for us gave me a 1/8th scale electric baja, this machine was serious quick and i must say i was hooked...

he was a nice fella karl was the guys name from nottingham,he had lots of largescales too at the time,havnt heard from the man sinse 1995 or 6 lol

then my next big hot onroad(big for me at the time) this machine i rekon would have been 1/10 scale,it ran on tracks was called fast trax (i think tyco) mad little fun device...that would have been when i was 17 18 years old,around 1996

our taste and quality in these machines has evolved a lot sinse then:)

The FastTrax had the tank treads instead of wheels, they made it in both, 9.6 (1/14) or 7.2 version (1/10) ...God I wonder why I remember all this crap, but I can't remember the ole lady's birthday!!!

Trip..

P.S. Slaw, I remember the Grasshopper when it first came out, I wanted one until I saw the Hornet...

Hmmm... 1955 was a plastic yellow piper cub plane ,,with cox .049 engine
2 channel radio...fixed rudder and only 2 servo's..throttle and elevator...
then a grass hopper...buggy style... electric..Back then I thought it was fast...
Maybe to far back for some of you guys....Slawhammer

o0oya when i was around 7 or 8 my dad bought us a COX plane on a string that just went around and around thats all i remeber and crashing it :D 31 years ago .. i got to look on fleabay for one now .

You guys have to check out this vid!!! My face lit up and I said "Yaaa Hooo" at the same time the guy in the commercial did!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdMWeu4DKTM&feature=related

I think I am going to start collecting these! I had the black truck...

Trip..

trip you are a funny man :lol:

god taught i would never see the old fast trax again lol

the last car there the turbo bandid mmmm id say the wallet would be hit hard trying to keep that thing jumping.....:lol:

the good old days......:)

my first "hobby grade" rc was a tamiya lunch-box wich i fitted with some foams, a "house" motor(stock class) and raced on a carpet track twice a week.. i got my ars handed to me every night!! saved for a bit and bought a losi jr-t and raced that thing till the wheels fell off. had a couple others during that time like a hi-lux, rc10(before the stealth tranny!) rc10t and so on. also raced a few 12th scale pan cars. had a blast back then!! and still lovin it.

let me see the first rc i had was a pickup truck from radio shack i was like 16 i am now 41 and 2 yrs ago i bought my real rc it was a MGT with a lrp spec3 that thing was awesome now i have a ax-10 crawler & a FS 4wd buggy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks