Zenoah G290

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xound5OH

Hi guys,

I am looking to replace my stock Rovan 30.5 cc motor with a Zenoah G290. What's everyone thoughts on this motor? Are they fairly easy to start without a choke (Warlboro WT990)? I am torn between buying this motor, or the Rovan 36cc motor.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi guys,

I am looking to replace my stock Rovan 30.5 cc motor with a Zenoah G290. What's everyone thoughts on this motor? Are they fairly easy to start without a choke (Warlboro WT990)? I am torn between buying this motor, or the Rovan 36cc motor.

Thanks,

Alex

I've been using a G290 with a 668 and Jetpro pipe for a couple of years with no probs and highly recommend it.
The 990 is a PITA - get it with a 668 (same carb but has a choke)
I actually bought it with the 990 thinking it was a better carb but ended up chucking it.
Had to carry starter fluid all the time.

I ran one in my baja for 4yrs. Had dom pipe on it and ran a 813 carb. Best motor i ever had. Got clocked (by a cop) going 55mph running across a soccer field with 19/55 gearing. After priming 2-3 pulls it started everytime.

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Alex

I replaced the CY motors in my Losi 5T and two KM clones with zenoah 290 and 320. Bulletproof and very torquey with the right pipe. You can't go wrong with zenoah and the 290 is probably their best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks