Zenoah G290RC requirements?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKbash

Hi guys recently my king motor 30.5cc engine have been bogging/ stuttering during high rpms. Low end is good but once it gets close to the max rpms, it starts stuttering. I will take a video of what I mean. I did do some research and some people said it could be the cylinder plating.

Anyways, I've been thinking of getting the zenoah g290rc engine. I have heard of great praise for this motor and was wondering what parts I would need it install it onto my king motor.
I just want a reliable, durable, engine...

It's either this or I'm converting her to electric. The main thing I am looking for is reliability. Stock power is fine with me I do not need to break any speed records... But the most important is RELIABILITY.

How is the zenoah g290rc? And what parts would I need to install it?

As for now, the only thing holding me back from doing an electric conversion, is the long runtimes with gas....

I replaced my km 30.5 w/ a GP290rc and felt I got more power out of it, as far as reliability I haven't had a problem at all after 7-8 gallons of bashing. It usually starts on the 2nd pull. You won't need any parts besides maybe a new exhaust gasket and you are good:)

no need to change the housing get another spacer that used on the left front motor mount just off of the pullstart side,where the center roll bars body mount go thru thats all you will need to drop it in, i have the g290 on both my bajas they work 100% better then any stock km engine, you wont regret it

Hey guys, I'm about to put the same motor in my KM 5b. Are you saying I just need to remove the clutch housing and high rpm clutch from the stock 30.5 and put it in the Zenoah and everything else should be fine? This is my first gas rc and I don't want to mess up this motor, Thanks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks