Zenoah g320 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akrapovic

So i have a g320 I'm getting ready to drop in. I ordered it from ddm and got the modified clutch housing to fit the losi 5ive. Couple questions:

Will the zenoah clutch that came with it work if i use a cy clutch plate and hardware?

Do i need to get the cy clutch too?

Thanks in advance

So i have a g320 I'm getting ready to drop in. I ordered it from ddm and got the modified clutch housing to fit the losi 5ive. Couple questions:

Will the zenoah clutch that came with it work if i use a cy clutch plate and hardware?

Do i need to get the cy clutch too?

Thanks in advance

The mounting hardware for the clutch is different for Zen and CY. I would just try the clutch (with the included hardware) which came with the motor to see if it fits.

I've also bought a zenoah g320. I'm having problems with the clutch bell bottoming out on the clutch. Using the washers supplied and all as to manual. Any ideas would be appreciated if I tighten the 4 screws down that hold the case with clutch bell and pinion. It is direct drive.

I've also bought a zenoah g320. I'm having problems with the clutch bell bottoming out on the clutch. Using the washers supplied and all as to manual. Any ideas would be appreciated if I tighten the 4 screws down that hold the case with clutch bell and pinion. It is direct drive.

Did you fix this im having same issue stock g320 with shorty housing and its direct drive

I pulled a CY26 out and put in the 320 with the shorter housing setup From Daves. I used the CY clutch shoe and arbor setup on it and had no issues. Cy shoe arbor height is shorter. I tried the Zen shoe setup at first but bottomed out like you seen on yours.

Last edited:
I think the Zenoah G320rc is a great motor for 5th scale.
I have one in my Losi 5ive-T and one in my Vekta5.
I was curious about the Turtle Racing Snapper Clutch, so I installed one on my Losi 5ive - T.
When you gun it at a dead stop it flies and it runs cooler, less heat at the bell housing.
But if I had to do it over again I would stick with the shoe clutch less problematic.
I like trying 3rd party parts, I think thats what makes the hobby fun.
Best Regards,
William E. Burrows Jr
AKA: Long BlockScreen Shot 2018-03-24 at 2.21.32 AM.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks