Zenoah G320 running hot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tisane

Ok so I recently finished running in my Zenoah G320 and yesterday started to tune it for decent performance, all through the run in process the engine was running in the 260-270 f range, and yesterday while tuning I was getting constant temp warnings on my 5T telemetry, the highest I got was 316 f but on average it was 290-300 f.
Now I know the temp telemetry on the 5T isn't the most reliable in the world but surely it's in the ball park.
Are temps in the high 200s to low 300s particularly high for this engine?
I can't find any info anywhere that gives the safe operating temp range for this engine, and I don't want to seize an engine that has had less than 5 tanks through it.

I think you are spot on with the telemetry. I asked the same question about the CY26 and the Speky DX3S. Some of the wise folks on here told me not to worry so much about temperature and tune by spark plug color. My CY wanted to run 300 to 340 if I was pushing it hard. I regeared, richened it and even tried body off. I switched radios and don't have the telemetry sensor, but I don't worry about it. My plug color looks good and I have probably a few gallons through it without a temp reading. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thanks for that mate.
I'm going to bin off the telemetry reciever in the very near future anyway in place of either an AVC 4ch or standard 4ch so I can run my Killer Bee and lights on separate channels.
I will keep an eye on the spark plug next time round and see how it goes from there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks