Zenoah g320 & short shaft drive cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageKen

Hi I gust installed the zenoah g320 in my losi dbxl.... I come to find out its 1.1cm wider crankcase.... well I had to shave some plastic off 5he center short shaft mount as well as sanded a little off the crank case to achieve proper gear mesh .. Now the drive cup on the center short shaft has maybe 1mm clearance between it and the engine.... now should I grind a little off the case to increase this clearance... or get a bigger pinion...

20200128_141039.jpg20200128_141025.jpg20200128_140604.jpg20200128_140554.jpg

That says for the 5T 2.0
Not all 2.0 parts are the same as the DBXL.
It's supposed to fit straight into the DBXL with the shorty housing.

Zenoah G320RC 54mm Clutch Housing - (SHORTY MODIFIED VERSION - For Losi, Redcat etc) - this is the stock Zenoah G320RC housing that is taken and approx 2mm is removed, allowing the engine to fit into applications such as Losi 5IVE-T 1.0, Losi DBXL, Redcat, etc.)

Even with this version.... I bought the direct replacement from horizon
Ahh just checked... lol... I already modified to fit good... just want to know how far away the drive cup is from the crank case on the proper one.... from the videos I've seen they all look close I just want to see pictures of others with the 32 in them
That says for the 5T 2.0
Not all 2.0 parts are the same as the DBXL.
It's supposed to fit straight into the DBXL with the shorty housing.

Zenoah G320RC 54mm Clutch Housing - (SHORTY MODIFIED VERSION - For Losi, Redcat etc) - this is the stock Zenoah G320RC housing that is taken and approx 2mm is removed, allowing the engine to fit into applications such as Losi 5IVE-T 1.0, Losi DBXL, Redcat, etc.)
I just found out.... I got everything to bolt in and fit good.... I just want to see others with the 32 amd see the clearance between drive cup and case.....?

I ground out for clearance with a dremel on mine. Not a big deal. I also run a 20t pinny. May be swapping out for a 21 or 22. Then you don't have to worry so much about the clearance as it pushes the engine away from the shaft holder.

I ground out for clearance with a dremel on mine. Not a big deal. I also run a 20t pinny. May be swapping out for a 21 or 22. Then you don't have to worry so much about the clearance as it pushes the engine away from the shaft holder.
Thanks... I just did that today... I'm now happy with the clearance?? Now my FLM center shafts should be here from ddm anyday now and I can finish my build for the most part

Boot as many of them as you can and loctite the pin grub screws in. You may have to grind down the keeper screws so they don't bind the CV joint, I did. Kinda a pain but worked out in the end. Should be in the link @siblues posted.

You realize there are no other options for the dbxl right? Other then the old "u joint" style which sucked mega balls. And what you call dog bones the rest of us call CV shafts
Glad you said this. I was wondering what the diffrence between dogbones and CV shafts are. Im pretty happy with the cv's. Ive had pins come loose like everyone else, but haven't in a long time. I learned the importance of lock tight.

Glad you said this. I was wondering what the diffrence between dogbones and CV shafts are. Im pretty happy with the cv's. Ive had pins come loose like everyone else, but haven't in a long time. I learned the importance of lock tight.
CV shafts and dog bones are completely different from each other CV shafts are one piece hinged same as u-joints... and dog bones are separate... diff drive cup dog bone and wheel side drive cup are all separate.... .... lol... my question was answered.... the thread can die now that it's gone off topic

You realize there are no other options for the dbxl right? Other then the old "u joint" style which sucked mega balls. And what you call dog bones the rest of us call CV shafts

What I call dog bones are what you call "u joints" same as on the rear.
I have them on the front of all my cars and they are much stronger and more reliable than CV joints.

What I call dog bones are what you call "u joints" same as on the rear.
I have them on the front of all my cars and they are much stronger and more reliable than CV joints.
These are dog bones

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200130-171934_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-171934_Google.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 3
Just as a point of reference see pic below. CV and dog bones are the same thing. Normally when you go for the u joint style they just call them driveshaft. Yeah the pins can fly out if you don't install them right but after that they will out last the ujoint style, specifically speaking to the dbxl. I cant testify to other 1/5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200130-191539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-191539_Samsung Internet.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 6
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks