Zenoah head and piston fit Rovan 32cc ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thing is WAY faster with tons more torque and top end , different motor now !!!!
curious of how much exhaust, transfer and intake port duration the esp topend has at 0,022” clearance.
with my ported rovan, i got 180, 128/119 and 155deg respectively with 0,021” squishband clearance

curious of how much exhaust, transfer and intake port duration the esp topend has at 0,022” clearance.
with my ported rovan, i got 180, 128/119 and 155deg respectively with 0,021” squishband clearance
I have NO IDEA ???? total loss , would have to ask Doug @ ESP

his business.. wont even ask
i have my own port duration numbers... just would be good to compare them with what professionals are using.
when my rovan top-end dies, i'll replace with zenoah. have the genuine set already
3DFE41AF-6673-4D2C-8D6E-EB65398CBB45.jpegA1938525-BE42-41A5-9862-F3E5C4750420.jpeg

his business.. wont even ask
i have my own port duration numbers... just would be good to compare them with what professionals are using.
when my rovan top-end dies, i'll replace with zenoah. have the genuine set already
View attachment 66130View attachment 66131
Have you ported a Rovan head yet ?? any good ? just curious , I noticed I had a bunch of blowby on my ring at the slot so it was to small , I think if you re ringed and ported it might be ok ??

I don't know if you were watching the low cost DYNO thread but Im designing a small engine dyno for low cost , might be interesting to see.

yes. i ported the rovan head. i did not want to invest too much into my first porting work hence i went with rovan, not zenoah. i’ve just rebuilt it after 18-20 liters, replaced all bearings, both oil seals and the ring (with zenoah), refined the porting and put it together.
i saw signs of blowby at the flywheel side, but thought it was the semi-syntetic oil made it. (...and hell a lot of carbon deposits too)
i’ll check the diy dyno thread...C6D9D4DC-5458-4731-9809-115C3D2235DE.jpeg

yes. i ported the rovan head. i did not want to invest too much into my first porting work hence i went with rovan, not zenoah. i’ve just rebuilt it after 18-20 liters, replaced all bearings, both oil seals and the ring (with zenoah), refined the porting and put it together.
i saw signs of blowby at the flywheel side, but thought it was the semi-syntetic oil made it. (...and hell a lot of carbon deposits too)
i’ll check the diy dyno thread...
WTH that looks like crap man ! what oil are you using it looks burnt to me , did you check the ring end gap ?

?
https://www.motorex.com/en-us/moto-line/motor-oil/scooter-2t/

believe it or not, this one fulfilled the oil requirement recommended by zenoah.
rovan ring gap after 20 liters was 0,5mm and 0,3mm with the new zenoah ring... in the used rovan cylinder.
i think the flywheel side just cannot get enough cooling because the ignition coil is masking the air flow. also, my killswitch cable with silicone tube goes around the coil and exits just by the exhaust... so it needs to be rerouted to the front

oil seal at clutch side was wrecked too, hence the engine couldn’t start. wt990 doesn’t have choke so i removed the plug put a few drop of pertol on the piston and it started after 2-3 pulls. 395D6BDD-AA02-4039-A45B-41E094E60FD0.jpeg

i have replaced the seals and applied thin CA glue outside where they sit in the crank case. changed oil to full syntetic and will use 1:28 mix instead. just for an experiment, drilled 2mm oiling holes between the seals and crank bearings...
will see how it holds
and i’m happy to provide a case you haven’t seen before ??image.jpg1AB17171-8FBB-4C43-B1D4-1D42F5684F8E.jpeg8139FA6A-1CD4-4904-82C0-4DC165929697.jpeg

Last edited:
yes... certainly w/o leaking it doesn’t get the oil mud
when starting, the ascending piston pulls air not only through the intake track, but through the broken seal too... imo
making the starting difficult

And leaning it out at the same time
also
anyways... it’s been sorted and ready to beat the rovan head for one more season. then the zenoah head comes with all my experience gained on this poop knockoff.

transfer port plates for comparison (with zenoah)
12511425-5A16-4DC3-AAD5-A5825672801A.jpeg
rovan ones were not used for a minute, just the ported (for flow) zenoah ones
443E2BEC-20B4-47F1-A285-47286523E661.jpeg

i’m done with it. these sharpened ones run this season for about 20 liters. i had to grind them for a decent match to the port window. one side i had to file the window roof too for symetry with the other side.
image.jpg
B140F60C-23DC-4BF7-A11A-D8FB59CB2A25.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks