Zenoah in a 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this link the shorter spacer is from mounting a Zen and the longer one for a CY. In my 5b SS kit came with both spacer but in the manual does not say what the shorter spacer was for which indeed is for mount a Zen.
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.661/.f

quick question so i'm not confused here and info is correct but isn't that short spacer supposed to be at the front of the pull start housing at the mount to the chassis/center part of the roll bar?

quick question so i'm not confused here and info is correct but isn't that short spacer supposed to be at the front of the pull start housing at the mount to the chassis/center part of the roll bar?

You know what I think you might be correct but is very similar to the extra spacer I received in my 5b SS. Will have to see if I can find the spare spacer and compare the two.

The extra mounting hole is for zen motors with the zen clutch housing. If you want to mount a zen motor, use the CY clutch housing. It is a much better fit! The zen for some reason just throws everything off. And I mean everything!

And as far as it being for the electric conversion and them thinking ahead..... No way. These companies/manufactures buy/get a Baja or what not and design there products around it.

Goodluck guys!

You can use the zen clutch housing and the spacer at the rollcage is the same as the spacer they sent or you can file the cy spacer down to fit. have done this mant times and have had no problems, but i also prefer the cy housing , and i think cy clutches are better

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks