zenoah or cy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
so another question.
when i bought my beetle pro it came with a zenoah 26cc(great engine)
was still running even though the last time i ran it it ingested a lot of sand on the beach due to my carelessness on the day,carb foam was non existant that day(fell away) and exhaust fell off,i ran it for hours and hours and it vibrated off lots of screws, anyway got that old engine rebuilt and put up on shelf for now.then got the new cy29cc engine with jetpro pipe,awesome power for the cost really. new k&n filter too.
my question is which would be better,lot of modelshops recon in the uk that cy now at the moment have less recals and lot of fg cars come stock with cy...
we all know the quality of zen engines,cylinder plating and everything great,but had the cy engine equaled if not passed the zen in build quality and value for money,pretty must identical by all means at this stage,some people say matirial quality on cy engines wouldnt be as strong,i think a load of b.s. zenoah heads fit cy,cy heads fit zen ARE THEY EXACTLY THE SAME.... mmm

Don't take this the wrong way.:) The questions you are asking should be in the Large Scale r/c Engines area and many can be found there. keep asking, I'm just saying to ask them in the right area for faster responce.:blush::)

zen or cy or £££

fair enuf bigger the better u gotta point
but look and read the page where i posted this thread, it says discuss general rc,engines etc etc.....

didnt think there was much of a differnce like
not being smart :)

I think that the Zen is a better material product. The performance is based on the size and what the engine builder does to them. It has been a topic on the HBF that zen start making another line of larger motors and head kits.
The CY engines will perform as well just not as long from past experiences and photos of failures.
Most of the time the plating on the CY wears and fails causing a motor failure. Some start right away and others last for years before failure, and some never.
Zen has not experienced this problem. I have also seen cracked CY heads from over compression.

I have both manufactures motors and no failures on either. Knock on wood.

If I were you I would contact ESP/Oniels - I like ESP - and talk to them about what you are looking to get your model to do. From there they are the pro and can design or work a head kit or point you to one that will make you jump for joy.:)

BTW: I made a suggestion on the General tab in the suggestion area. Sorry.:blush:

take a look at this website.

they have the most powerful engines. (my opinion)
i have used one of their 27,2 cc reed ported engines.

it´s i s ported to give great power from idel to max RPM.
and i does. it kicks in fro about 6000 RPM and the powwer is ther all the way up to 20000 RPM.

the next engine i will try is their 27,2 Race ported engine. it delivers the same amout of Horsepower as the reed ported engine but have a litle less torque. i tops out at about 21000-22000 rpm.

cheers

cheers lads,ye sound like ye know what ye talk about(i mean crazy beetle and bigger is better) and thanking the rest of ye too!!
i checked out your recomended shop crazy beetle in norway (thanks by the way) im deciding on either the zenoah full mod G270motor,or the reed version,which would you think would be a better one??
and thanks for that bigger is better(much apriciated) and sorry for posting my comments all over the place haha
true what ur saying i checked out o neils and i sent them an email but no reply at all,there webshop looks pretty quite,do they still sell engines,i wonder would they ship to ireland?
i am still trying to decide..........

and i does. it kicks in fro about 6000 RPM and the powwer is ther all the way up to 20000 RPM.

the next engine i will try is their 27,2 Race ported engine. it delivers the same amout of Horsepower as the reed ported engine but have a litle less torque. i tops out at about 21000-22000 rpm.[/QUOTE]

cheers lads,ye sound like ye know what ye talk about(i mean crazy beetle and bigger is better) and thanking the rest of ye too!!
i checked out your recomended shop crazy beetle in norway (thanks by the way) im deciding on either the zenoah full mod G270motor,or the reed version,which would you think would be a better one??
and thanks for that bigger is better(much apriciated) and sorry for posting my comments all over the place haha
true what ur saying i checked out o neils and i sent them an email but no reply at all,there webshop looks pretty quite,do they still sell engines,i wonder would they ship to ireland?
i am still trying to decide..........

the next engine i will try is their 27,2 Race ported engine. it delivers the same amout of Horsepower as the reed ported engine but have a litle less torque. i tops out at about 21000-22000 rpm.
[/QUOTE]

order your engines at www.Rc-Racing.no
tell him i recomended you the store.
hi is a great guy and knows a lot about Large scale cars and engines.
go for the PRO MOD RACE PORTED or PRO MOD REED engines. he is the only one that sell those engines. O´neills brothers don't have them in their store.
the engines a specialy made for the Norvegian market and RC-Racing.
they have insane power. torque and RPM.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks