Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so for any passer bys or people who don't pay attention to anything, I'm Gunna try and get the 70/71 reliable on gasoline. E85 was the source of my problems, it wouldn't easily start cold so you had to crank on it for a while, it too much compression so the pullstarts would break, wouldn't idle becuase e85 hates cold engines, all equal broken starters and drill start wich fekd my crank (fixed it as you seen in my video). So I changed the timing and I'm going race gas (it's available near by, like 6 miles so why not run that, and I'm not doing it for power gains, I'm doing it so it doesn't knock and blow the Fek up), i got ordered a head with a decompression valve, I'm Gunna order a new pull start, change a leaky head gasket (probably also one of my problems), and then go from there. Fingers crossed it will be reliable after that ? and just as a FYI, I went e85 originally becuase when I was in Texas (which is were I started the build), there was no race gas for miles, closest one was an hour away, so e85 having approx 108 octane, I went for that. Then halfway thru the build I moved to Illinois (were I am now), so I was being closed minded and thinking "if there's no race gas nearby in Texas, no way in hell there's race gas here", so I continued with e85 without even checking for race gas. But now I realize it's nearby so that's where I'm going

I know it probably won't sell, but it's worth a shot ,i got 7 months, if someone offers me 1000 I'll take it. And i know this is over my pay grade, when i started the build it was Gunna be a basic 70, but as time wore on it escalated thinking "if it's Gunna take this long, why not go all out" and i went with high end stuff. Also what exactly do you mean "way above your head" ? Like money wise or understanding wise?
I will try to get 1k atleast weather it's parting out or not, if it can't get nothing for it, well, then i will probably have to put a crank in it and go from there. I had a 30cc, it was great but i just want a big bore and if i don't own a big bore by next summer, weather it be this thing fixed and revised, or a rcmax, then I'll pickup an zenoah g320 or an obr. Simple as that

The heavier fly wheel helps with starting ,that is what I was talking about on the counter weight before ,it has
more rotating mass to help turn the crank as you pull the starter!

Mowing yards bought my house ,I had worked for a Guy that had a gardening company ,he put 3 of his kids in college ,owns
a $500.000 dollar home ,employs 50 workers ,owns 6 gardening trucks with trailers full of equipment an doesn't have to work
no more ,an at any given moment ,he can run down to the turf store an buy a $20.000 dollar riding mower that was built some
where else!

I love cutting the grass!...:p

Mowing yards bought my house ,I had worked for a Guy that had a gardening company ,he put 3 of his kids in college ,owns
a $500.000 dollar home ,employs 50 workers ,owns 6 gardening trucks with trailers full of equipment an doesn't have to work
no more ,an at any given moment ,he can run down to the turf store an buy a $20.000 dollar riding mower that was built some
where else!

I love cutting the grass!...:p
Nice ? everyone round here has lawn service (including us) tho

So this what I've been up to recently guys on the Baja, the heads that attach the rear chassis to the front chassis were stripped so I drilled em out and now the rear chassis can disconnect! Which is useful for installimg such a big motor. I needed to do this aswell. Oh and FYI, I tried doing my go to method which is jamming a torx bit in, didn't work cuz I didn't have the right size so this was easy enoughIMG_20190915_224242.jpg

Alrighty guys so it's a possibility that me head might show up Tomorrow (Monday)! It says "
Processed Through Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)" hope it comes. Cant re assemble but you know, new parts ?

Coop's and polars are nice rigs, Yours is a pile of rif raf and will never amount to jack poop. And you MR. Smarty pants if you look back at my posts I told you way back to mount up to flywheel face to take load off crank end, I think the members here need to read ALL of my posts and then they will find out how many things YOU repeat as your own but I put in print first. You are the fourm clown and that is all you will ever be...
You back are ya... leave the lad alone you bully, if you can't be nice then piss off back to where you came from.
Helmet??

You back are ya... leave the lad alone you bully, if you can't be nice then piss off back to where you came from.
Helmet??
wow that guy was a bit off the deep end... anyways

so this means you are continuing on with the 71!?!?!?!? haven't really checked in much on this since you had said you were going to stop lol.
as far as the tank being black, the upside is that clear tanks allow alot more sun in and the fuel goes bad super fast, i remember with my snowmachine i would drain as much fuel out of the tank as i could after every run because of this. was a PITA. if i didnt and it sat for even a week, the fuel would start going bad and the engine would run like crap. eventually found a black tank for it and problems solved lol.

wow that guy was a bit off the deep end... anyways

so this means you are continuing on with the 71!?!?!?!? haven't really checked in much on this since you had said you were going to stop lol.
as far as the tank being black, the upside is that clear tanks allow alot more sun in and the fuel goes bad super fast, i remember with my snowmachine i would drain as much fuel out of the tank as i could after every run because of this. was a PITA. if i didnt and it sat for even a week, the fuel would start going bad and the engine would run like crap. eventually found a black tank for it and problems solved lol.
i am going to buy a new tank an dye it back or red or something, this one scratched like hell lol. and, im not sure if im keeping it. that solely depends on if it is reliable on gasoline. in theory, all my issues were caused by e85, but that's just a theory, i will have the test it out. if its reliable? why sell it? if it still sucks? then part it out/sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks