Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow that guy was a bit off the deep end... anyways

so this means you are continuing on with the 71!?!?!?!? haven't really checked in much on this since you had said you were going to stop lol.
as far as the tank being black, the upside is that clear tanks allow alot more sun in and the fuel goes bad super fast, i remember with my snowmachine i would drain as much fuel out of the tank as i could after every run because of this. was a PITA. if i didnt and it sat for even a week, the fuel would start going bad and the engine would run like crap. eventually found a black tank for it and problems solved lol.
Actually black absorbs heat more. The white of the original tank actually reflects a little bit of the sunlight. How do I know this. I own a Black car. It's an oven in the summertime. The black gas tank would cause more fuel to vaporize inside of the tank if left out in the sun . If the tank wasn't vented it would build up pressure . Have you ever left a gas can in the sun. It's starts to slowly expand as the gas releasing hydrocarbons.

Actually black absorbs heat more. The white of the original tank actually reflects a little bit of the sunlight. How do I know this. I own a Black car. It's an oven in the summertime. The black gas tank would cause more fuel to vaporize inside of the tank if left out in the sun . If the tank wasn't vented it would build up pressure . Have you ever left a gas can in the sun. It's starts to slowly expand as the gas releasing hydrocarbons.

LOL....My sister bought a black turbo charged dart ,it was frekin hot hhen you first get in ,until you get the AC going!

Sometimes I annoy myself an have to shut the PC off!....:eek:

Yep I won't ?? question for anyone that might Know, when I'm starting it do I have to press the release before each pull? I think so

Your suppose to keep the button held in as you pull at the same time!...:cool:

But what I did do was I took off my fuel tank, removed the lines and grommet ect, then put some acetone in der and cleaned it. Then I replaced all the lines in there (not gunna re use some nasty e85 lines ), took my fuel filter apart and cleaned everything in there (I remember it was modular, so I removed the elements and cleaned up, and everything else), put it all back together. And Bam, cleaned up fuel system, ready for Sunoco ??15686960722771477107857540400989.jpg

Heat yes, it absorbs it like mad, put more of the sun rays get through the clear plastic and break down the fuel faster. Heat definitely does make it evaporate faster will not deny that.

and STILL no head!!! its still suck in the poop hole that is ISC chicago. ive read that this place is notorious for being irresponsible and useless with your package. some have never got their thing, some it took 5 weeks, some 1 week, ect. if it still stuck there tomorrow im calling em and see whats up, while i doubt that would do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks