Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here ivr got a slight issue with the new head. So the head is designed to fit into the cyl bore about 2mm, well if it do that, my stroker crank hits that (since the original cyl was meant for a 39.2) protrusion. Soo what I'm Gunna so is space the head up 2mm with a thick gasket. I could raise the cyl instead of the head with a fack load of base gaskets but in doing so the piston wi sit below the transfer port floors which can be a problem I think. So raising the head, shouldn't be an issue ? all problems caused by my stroker crank ?‍♂️? but not a biggy. Question, what meterial should I use? Can I use sum thick gasket paper? Or will that be an issue? Edit: I'm not gunna space only the head up, I'm going to do a mixture of both. Should be fine. I can't do just the head becuase the my head was specifically designed to slot in, so removing that feature can cuase the combustion chamber be off center with the bore.

Last edited:
And spacing the jug that much will mega mess with your port timing for the engine. Copper or better yet stainless would be the better and best options. Option 3. Which you wont like. Use two thin copper shims and one thick stainless shim. That would give you food sealing characteristics of the copper. But the strength of the stainless as your thick shim. Option 4. you really wont like. Take some accurate measurements and go get you new head cut to fit your piston. That would eliminate the need for a bunch of gaskets. I would vote for option number 3 as it should yield the best results with the least cost.

There is always something to piss on your parade Zee??‍♂️
Yep always.
And spacing the jug that much will mega mess with your port timing for the engine. Copper or better yet stainless would be the better and best options. Option 3. Which you wont like. Use two thin copper shims and one thick stainless shim. That would give you food sealing characteristics of the copper. But the strength of the stainless as your thick shim. Option 4. you really wont like. Take some accurate measurements and go get you new head cut to fit your piston. That would eliminate the need for a bunch of gaskets. I would vote for option number 3 as it should yield the best results with the least cost.
so your saying shim only the head? Right? The thing is there's no spacers for that, it would have to be Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks