Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
So here's my thread on my 71cc Baja 5t. I will be posting updates, problems, new mods, ect on my truck. If you don't know me or my truck, well, I'm a random dude who happens to be interested in engines and decided to take out the task of building a custom 71cc engine based off a Alx 71cc crankcase, by no means are they similar, wayy diffenet in fact but it still does remember a ALX. It's by no means finished, it will never be finished as I like to change stuff alot and experiment, but I will say it runs. My Baja started life as a rovan Baja 5b 30cc, it stayed like that for 6 months till the POS rov engine blew up do to cheap meterial and too low of squish. Then I started my build, was a bumpy road to say the least and went through many different stages untill I am were I am today. My build thread is this > https://www.largescaleforums.com/threads/custom-70cc-engine-build.22765/
This is my Baja in it's current stage
IMG_20190815_213157.jpg
IMG_20190808_180358.jpg
Rough but it's getting there. The upgrades on the truck are, DDM HD shock springs in the rear, 35wt oil in the rear (still way to thin), PhatDad 2 degree anti squat plate, Integy 3 peice transmission case (please don't ever buy that), 500k diff oil, Madmax diff case (another thing to not buy), Blackbone 28/46 gearing, FS clutch, Blackbone Clutch bell, tank vent, Full Force RC High Flow Fuel line Kit, HobbyKing red full aluminum throttle servo, Scorpion RC enclosed chassis, Sanwa MXV radio, Hpi tarmac Buster tires, clone Proline Desperado rims, and lastly (or atleast I think) Uni Shorty angled Air filter. Rest is stock (soon to change!).

Mkay guys so it wieghs 34 lbs. And a stock 5b (if y didn't know my Baja started life as a 5b, all you guys know that I'm sure) weighs 21lbs. So I've added 13 lbs somehow lol. She's a heavy biotch ?? I don't think that time I wieghed the engine and pipe it said 4 lbs, it's gotta be more, honestly. But, 34 lbs shouldn't be a problem for my engine ?
Side note: what you guys don't know is that e85 has a extremely loud smell (I don't know what the proper word is lol) and is always in your face so 100% of the time this truck REEKS of e85 so I'm always getting high off it Everytime I get within 5ft of it ??

Last edited:
Mkay guys so it wieghs 34 lbs. And a stock 5b (if y didn't know my Baja started life as a 5b, all you guys know that I'm sure) weighs 21lbs. So I've added 13 lbs somehow lol. She's a heavy biotch ?? I don't think that time I wieghed the engine and pipe it said 4 lbs, it's gotta be more, honestly. But, 34 lbs shouldn't be a problem for my engine ?
Side note: what you guys don't know is that e85 has a extremely loud smell (I don't know what the proper word is lol) and is always in your face so 100% of the time this truck REEKS of e85 so I'm always getting high off it Everytime I get within 5ft of it ??
So for the rest of us 15.4kg?? that's not bad???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks