Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crucials rcmax inspired me to crack the case on my 71.
Nothing was corroded, i did find alot of oil on the bottom of the case aswell as metal shavings. The crank is Definitely fuckd. And has been contacting the case aswell. Bearings are either touching the oil seal or are fekd aswell.
1st pic you can see dents were the rod was smacking the case.
2nd pic is just an over all
3rd pic you can see the rod slightly rubbing
4th there's metal on the o ring seal aswell
15787136341382707119979460601411.jpg
IMG_20200110_213300.jpg
IMG_20200110_213251.jpg
IMG_20200110_212620.jpg
Onto better things. Im undecided with this motor. Btw, im not still dwelling on big bore. I've moved on, i was just bored and it needed to be done.

Last edited:
That's not the only damage on it btw. I noticed some scratching ok the bore. Most of it is can't feel with my finger nail but on the exhuast side i believe i can,and on the top on the bore. Again, let me reiterate. Im not stuck in the past, I've moved on , im just showing what i found ?
IMG_20191128_204957.jpg
IMG_20191128_205007.jpg
IMG_20191128_205013.jpg

Just an fyi, don't expect updates for a while. Im currently Gunna start saving for the big ddm order. Think it's around $600+ so yeah, a fek load lol unless i find a deal on something (s).

Sounds a fair list??

Ever changing but all the stuff to complete the motor, TR fr/rr top plates, piston stop, exhuast spring tool, shock n diff oil, rpm front arms, flm dog bones, ffrc shock tower, hex hub pins, vertigo 19t hex pinion, screw kit, TR quick diff, aluminum brake mount, shock orings, spur gear carrier.

Drano, normally use easy off oven cleaner but was out and being lazy. Sidenote: drano sucks, not strong enough and takes ages to strip.

Easy off works great to. I use that for stripping the chrome off headlight buckets when I build them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks