Z's HPI Baja 5b/5t build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah dude itd be gone in one shot with me ?? my shock n orings is Soo big ?????

I don't use that ,I probably would on my nitro carb needles ,but I would have to travel 50 miles to get it ,or ,I
would have to order it from an on line shop like A-main or RcBoyz!

I just use this stuff ,I use this Sh!t on everything ,an I get it from my local Napa store!

Question, what spawned that first question? ?

Because I haven't seen or heard you working on your stuff lately ,usually you have it strolled all over your room!...:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Well that was quick! Got my new shocks today ? they aren't assembled so Ive got to figure that one out (no idea what I'm doing)IMG_20191114_120954.jpg
Heres my new meaty, 6mm shafts ???? vs the stock 4mm poop
IMG_20191114_121124.jpg
And wow is this anodizing NICE ? LITERALLY not a single flaw in it. Real hpi for ya ?
IMG_20191114_121246.jpg
I almost don't want to de ano these, I might not and just find orange caps for the old front shocks that came with the rig to replace the purp and de ano the rest of the purp on the truck

looks good man! yeah its kind of interesting the change from purple to orange mid model with those rigs (savages too) i wouldn't want to de-anodize any of it lol, maybe just means you need to get an orange chassis to build a second car from too? lol

looks good man! yeah its kind of interesting the change from purple to orange mid model with those rigs (savages too) i wouldn't want to de-anodize any of it lol, maybe just means you need to get an orange chassis to build a second car from too? lol
lol. i think ill try n grab some orange shock caps n adjusters for the front and the just de ano the purp, afterall the purp is beat up and used

Did the shocks, was like a breaze! No hang ups it anything, alot easier when it's new n y fingers aren't slippery lol.
In the z kitchen heating up my hole for sum ballz ???
IMG_20191114_194140.jpg
Balls inserted
IMG_20191114_195509.jpg
Shaft boots n perches on
IMG_20191114_200136.jpg
Cats helping too
IMG_20191114_200848.jpg
Shock bottom thingys assembled (bushings, o rings, clips)
IMG_20191114_201113.jpg
Bottom thing on the shaft
IMG_20191114_204711.jpg
Pistons installed
IMG_20191114_204915.jpg
Jumped ahead cuz I forgot to take pics lol
IMG_20191114_204002.jpg
Everything is loose, not fully assembled cuz I don't have shock oil ? I'll get that on black Friday ?.
IMG_20191114_210728.jpg
IMG_20191114_210742.jpg
IMG_20191114_210749.jpg
Obviously that ain't the shock brace I'm using, you know I have that ffrc one ? that's just the one that came with the shocks so I'm using that cuz I don't wanna open the ffrc one.
Orange looks fekin terrible on purple but I'll fix that with some oven cleaner to the purple ?? also the good thing is, TR makes orange parts to match! So I'll be grabbing those. I don't want this to be supper blingy, want it to look like oem just way better if you know what I mean. Wow I just went on a tangent ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks