Z's HPI Baja PT:2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Z.hb71

Build Thread Contributor
Since those twats ruined my last thread here we go again ?‍♂️? my Baja! Got an obr 30.5, upgrades are 6mm shock shafts up front and rear, flm axle cups, zoni shafts, ffrc rear shock brace, madmax rear transmission plate, 55t hostile spur, kraken layshaft , vertigo pinion clutch bell and clutch carrier (don't buy that stuff, gearing is a dead end, buy blackbone instead) , fs clutch, snappy vent kit (never buy that poop), hs5645 throttle servo, hostile tires , rcr breaks. Think that's it ?‍♂️ many more upgrades to come.
Here it is, need to put the motor back in since I just rebuilt the car (sort of) .
15949449396834484924485719415215.jpg

Last edited:
Your funny zed. I've been running lipo since they first came out. Treat them right and they are fine. Life blows in comparison. It just doesn't have the power density of lipo. Nimh/ nicd is a bad joke anymore. You want to talk about maintenance. How often have you run charge/ discharge cycles to exercise the nimh? Run it to minimum voltage every time before a charge? If not then your just killing the capacity of the pack. It's real hard to ring one back once memory sets in. Now you'll be talking about baby sitting a fricken battery pack.
I never even think about my battery. When the servos start to slow down, I recharge the battery, away I go ?‍♂️

yes it is?? and do need to remind you the spending never ends??
what y get??‍♂️
Had to get new bulkhead for the front , new foams for the rear tires, shock shafts front and rear (fronts were so feked) , wheel nuts, maybe some more but I can't remember atm ?‍♂️
40 gt? can slap an 1107 and your current pipe without issues??
Nah my pipe won't fit, 40 has a much bigger exhaust port. Need a rcmax pipe or alx. Can get em used for pretty cheap. Might do a 40gt this winter if I can afford one, or a 32 reed ? wanting a bit more (would y believe that ??)

Slapped the ol 30.5 back in er and gave er a rip in the yard. Runs great ? needs a tune tho, running rich.
looks great too. Flipped the clutch so it bites harder, seems to do so. Was lifting the front wheels up ever so slightly.
IMG_20200726_173109.jpg
IMG_20200726_173113.jpgIMG_20200726_173119.jpg
IMG_20200726_173117.jpg
Got a few things to button up, gear cover, few screws loose.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks