air or no air??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what he is talking about. With the MCD Monster you have the option of filling the tires with air. There is a little pump available for this but it requires the tires to be glue'd perfectly and from time to time you may need to tuch up the glue if it cracks and allows an air leak.

I was just down at the Hostile Baja Fest and the guys from Inovative hobby (Large scale RC) were there and I was talking to them about this.

I would send them an email about this (ask for Bob) and I'm sure they will be able to answer your question.

thank you for the reply. would like some more stability on the front tyres,because when i pull the throttle right front wheel start moving from side to side. i`m not sure whats wrong but i think it could be the servo saver. think i will sell the proline truvk and buy the new wide monster competition truck. i guess some of you could give me a feedback on that car..

Last edited:
I thought about the inflatable tires before but like BTB said, it might be too much hassle!

What kind of truck do you have? Has it been moving from side to side since you got it or is it something that just started happening.
Check for loose turnbuckles, ball joints and all linkages. Also, off-road vehicles tend to have a certain amount of slop in their wheels

Chris

I go one step further away and actually put holes in the outside of my tires in the tread. a lot put holes in the rims to allow air flow for dampening but this also allows water and dirt to get in and nowhere to leave. this kills the foams. a hole in the outside tread allows the water and crap to escape when the wheels are turning by centrifugal force. keeps the tires more balanced and foams last longer

its moving sideways.(right front wheel) it happend after i changed the gears to get more accleration..it is the the proline version ot the truck.

Put your car up on a stand and put the front wheels as straight as you can and see if the problem wheel matches the good wheel. Also, put the wheel in your hand and wiggle it around and see where the slop is.
I am gonna take a guess and say that the top ball joint has some slop in it or maybe even a crack. That's what had happened to mine and it was wobbling like crazy.

Chris

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks