Big block for vekta.5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, what's new and exciting?
I've been busy on a grocery list of things to do and of course taking it easy after moving for the past 6 months but can't seem to sit for more than 5 minutes without thinking up more things I want to get or do. Built my vekta.5 lse, picked your brains on what to put a big block into, fixed a bunch of trucks and tested them, got my limitless up to 99mph yesterday, wanted to get my boats out but they are at the back of the rc room with everything else piled in front up to the door. So I started building my long planned racks and have 32 on the wall so far but got stumped of how I want the rest of the shelves and bench to be set up.
Sold 1 Rc and immediately wanted 3 more, lol
Used my vekta once on the stock tires then with out even trying my mad max super grip or knobby I went and fell in love with jc concepts magmas, ouphs.
Second run I went to my bush hogged hay field, one of my 65 kg power hd servos quit working and I felt like I wanted to gear down...not!
Or get a big block!
I have a vesla, 50gtv2, and bunch of metal in my cart at Taylor's site...keep adding and not sure if I'm ready to hit spend, cause I know I'll want something else instantly, sure enough! Been reading posts, looking at u tube, reading all the Taylor engine descriptions, once you get one built in your cart the next size up is always just a little more! I've never been shy of having to much power but I just can't decide which one for the vekta.
Got the vesla planned with the 50 and seems to be off the charts with power for wheelies all you want, and I doubt the 4x4 vekta could manage much wheelies no matter what engine anyways.
So I was hopeful for some thoughts or experiences from you guys on what is enough or too much for the vekta.5

I had a Taylor 71 stage 6 in my vekta and it was plenty of power. Loved it.

The question your asking, the answer is different strokes for different folks lol. I felt the 71 was perfect for it, moved it very well on the highest gearing. Only power plant I have seen wheelie a vekta was an electric mgm 12s setup.

I'm going to be building a vekta with a 71p here in the next few weeks if that helps

Ya great news! Oddly enough I was close to being between 65 or 71, almost the same price! My open field is not a track yet so there is 6 inches of grass now plus the cut n dry grass that packs into cooling fins and blocks up the outerwares. First ride I was losing my mind on how much power the 34 ported had, then I put bigger tires and drove it in the field and it seemed like it was just making it. I just love power and want to be close to scared to hold it wide open! Lol
Once I find the route I want, tear up the corners and kill the straights off with round up I'll have a piston burner of a track, then I'll add in some jumps, some for fun and one for breaking stuff! Lol
Tomorrow I've planned a 5 hour drive to see another hobby shop, horizon been hard to get parts from and I've found them in stock, I guess local hobby shop is a loose term for some, my closest is a half hour each way. It would be possible to have the parts shipped to me but then I saw they have indoor racing, and a spot that people can leave used rc's for sale...on the phone he was happy to say it was packed to overflowing. I'd take my truck but the transmission pump decided to start howling the day after I stopped at the dealer for fun to look at a newer pick up, ouch!!! They are asking stupid prices, a 2022 chevy 3500hd , 32000kms, 82 000$ before tax! I looked at him with a perfect poker face and said how much is that with the tax? Maybe I'll just sell my trailer and stick to rc cars

Vekta is pretty heavy so they definitely benefit from a big motor... the only "issue" they have is gearing limitation. Something like an ALX 63 might be the best compromise since it'll spin a little more RPM and still have plenty of torque to move the heavy rig across a field. If you want to be borderline frightened to hold full throttle then you need something like my MGM Vekta that John was referring to above ;) I've done 93mph with it and it still has power left... just doesn't make as much noise as a 2 stroke but it's still scary fast!

This is one of my old vekta setup with an ALX 71 super and 24t pinion

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks