Charge rates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Mars

Got dynamite passport p2 ac plus 2 port multi charger and set of smc 8200 100% Lco 14.8 v 121.4 wh 150 c batteries can I get some charging hints. It stoped after 120 minutes ,was charging at 16.5 volts and 2 amps.Claimed fully charged but showed 3600 mha .While charging screen read ,lipo balance charge-2.0 amps 14.8v(4s) but voltage slowly rose to 16.5 v, 120 minute timer shut off and read fully charged.Any help much appriciated

RCeverywhere thank you.Sorry to seem dumb, but all my other chargers are push 1 or 2 buttons and beep when done so I guess they are SMART chargers......Yes I went thru all that,but figured it would show 8200 ma when done.Never saw a charger raise voltage as it charged,suppose its like a car altenateor or charger,the usually show 14 volts .Anyhow thank you much!!!!!

Safe is considered 1c. usually the mfg will have a chart or info on the box/battery itself what c rate it can be charged at. Heat is really the upper limit to charge rate. Lithium batteries can take a charge fairly fast till you get them too hot. Hence why everyone tends to stick to 1c charge rates. Better chargers have temp probes you can stick on the battery for faster charge rates. Mains powered chargers can't really handle big packs and you're forced to change the timer limit like rc everywhere mentioned. Jumping to a charger with a dedicated power supply gets rid of the small charger slow charge rate blue's. Kinda a big jump in price though till you get a decent power supply and charger. May not make sense for just 2 batteries though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks