DIY Vacuum Chamber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmbscx10

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
As mentioned in another thread i am a cheap bastard. I am of the era that if you can make it, then do so to the best of your ability. While i do spend $$ on certain items, the time to make and the cost of materials vs just buying XYZ is also a major factor. 90% of the time when i make something i accomplish two things, I always learn something (Daily Goal) and i always have fun.

I just got back into RC a few months ago. One of my favorite RC's is my Tekno MT410. When i stopped RC in 2016 i had run this truck for 2 seasons without a bend or break. I went through a lot of bodies but the Tekno was so good that i kept it. I did a full tear down and rebuilt the Diffs and Shocks. While i did it correctly per the manual, i hated the time waiting for the flippin air bubbles to go through shock oil and diff fluid. Not sure if it is still available but Hudy used to make a RC Vacuum chamber but way way too expensive IMO. Now, i need to make another one but much much bigger for my Kraken Shocks.

I did some research and found a wood working guy on YT who made his own vacuum chamber for resin molds. See YT vid. I copied his idea but went smaller in using a mason jar. I made my own shock/diff stand from a old cutting board and all i can say is well worth the effort. For all of about $35-40 I have never had shock and diffs soo smooth before and can't wait to try it once the weather clears for bashing season.

20240201_122637.jpg20240201_122704.jpg20240201_122651.jpg20240127_122205.jpg20240127_122221.jpg
Hudy Vacuum Chamber.PNG

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks