Engine removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donasdux

Good afternoon all,
Having a small issue removing the engine from my 5T. Does it come from the factory using loctite red? I already broke off one tip in one of the mounting screws. Just surprised I'll need heat to remove the factory bolts.

~Jeff

It shouldn't but thats anyones guess till you get one screw out to see 🤷‍♂️ . Some advice here is make sure you have a good set of Allen's that aren't beat up and starting to round.

Try this. Take a punch and punch down on flat area of head. When you tighten a screw it sucks up in the threads. The shocking it down will free it up because of the slight bit of clearance in threads. I have shown people who have almost totally destroyed a phillips screw before untill i showed him the trick. I used two fingers on screwdriver to remove it. Guy was blown away because he was complaining last 3 hrs he tried getting them out.

It shouldn't but thats anyones guess till you get one screw out to see 🤷‍♂️ . Some advice here is make sure you have a good set of Allen's that aren't beat up and starting to round.
Yes, great advice on the keys.
Try this. Take a punch and punch down on flat area of head. When you tighten a screw it sucks up in the threads. The shocking it down will free it up because of the slight bit of clearance in threads. I have shown people who have almost totally destroyed a phillips screw before untill i showed him the trick. I used two fingers on screwdriver to remove it. Guy was blown away because he was complaining last 3 hrs he tried getting them out.
And thank you, I will most definitely try this.

Tried heat, tried the punch engine mount bolts will not budge, will pick up an MIP speed bit tomorrow for the impact gun an try that, just new there was going to be red loctite somewhere

Mine had some locktite on it when I originally pulled the motor out. Not sure what color but no doubt it had something. I was able to get mine out with a good stubby allen socket ( Snap On ). There is zero flex with this type. They were in there but I had no issues getting them out.

This is what I used.
1713797315421.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks