FG Diff Riser?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizdaz

Hi guys, quick question, im using this diff case:

z-fg08485-1_1.jpg

However, because of the ring on the diff ive had to cut a small hole out my chassis for it to fit (this is a common solution for FG's using this type of diff) ..but i have 2 questions:

My diff protector that sits underside of chassis that usually protects the stock diff gear no longer fits as ive had to cut a small hole out of chassis, any ideas on a good way to protect this now?

And, is there a better way so i would not need to cut the chassis or have the diff ring sit below the chassis? I tried using diff risers, but again this then makes the mesh between the layshaft & diff gear poor as the alignment has been changed due to the diff sitting higher!?

I used to have this type of diff on my old FG MB Pro, but i had an all Elcon drive train so was never an issue (wish elcon still made the 1 piece drive train design for FG Monsters!!).

As it is im just thinking of trying to mod the stock diff protector and try make it fit..

Hi guys, quick question, im using this diff case:

z-fg08485-1_1.jpg

However, because of the ring on the diff ive had to cut a small hole out my chassis for it to fit (this is a common solution for FG's using this type of diff) ..but i have 2 questions:

My diff protector that sits underside of chassis that usually protects the stock diff gear no longer fits as ive had to cut a small hole out of chassis, any ideas on a good way to protect this now?

And, is there a better way so i would not need to cut the chassis or have the diff ring sit below the chassis? I tried using diff risers, but again this then makes the mesh between the layshaft & diff gear poor as the alignment has been changed due to the diff sitting higher!?

I used to have this type of diff on my old FG MB Pro, but i had an all Elcon drive train so was never an issue (wish elcon still made the 1 piece drive train design for FG Monsters!!).

As it is im just thinking of trying to mod the stock diff protector and try make it fit..
i would just modify the diff protector fella (y),
using a diff riser is just gonna create more issues than its worth on an fg as you're finding out with the mesh etc,

Hello, the differential with the adjustable locking effect was not intended for the 1/6 scale vehicles from FG. That's why it doesn't fit into the off-road models without the differential increase.
These differentials were developed for touring cars, where the increase is installed as standard.
Of course you can install the 4478 from FG so that everything fits again.

Hello, the differential with the adjustable locking effect was not intended for the 1/6 scale vehicles from FG. That's why it doesn't fit into the off-road models without the differential increase.
These differentials were developed for touring cars, where the increase is installed as standard.
Of course you can install the 4478 from FG so that everything fits again.
cool thanks for info :)

Back