DBXL 2.0 FID Racing Alloy Tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkShady1

Has any had experience with the FID Racing Alloy Tank for the 2.0? Instead of trying to fix this leaking POS, I’d rather replace it. I’m curious where the breather hole is though IMG_1387.jpeg

Doesn't appear to have a breather, and theirs no way I'm trusting Chinese designed alloy to seal as that is a 2 piece designed tank.

Js performance tanks are by far the best quality tanks you'll find if you want alloy. They definitely aren't necessary in a losi or baja in my opinion, more just for looks and add weight even though not much

My tank had a leak so I contacted losi about it. Replacement tank sent for free to replace the leaking one. You might want to reach out to them.

Doesn't appear to have a breather, and theirs no way I'm trusting Chinese designed alloy to seal as that is a 2 piece designed tank.

Js performance tanks are by far the best quality tanks you'll find if you want alloy. They definitely aren't necessary in a losi or baja in my opinion, more just for looks and add weight even though not much
Yeah I didn’t see one either. I was also looking at the JS tanks but thought I’d ask about the cheaper options before I made up my mind. I’m not worried about weight. Just tired of it puking gas out of the cap.
My tank had a leak so I contacted losi about it. Replacement tank sent for free to replace the leaking one. You might want to reach out to them.
Mines not leaking from the hole yet but it sure leaks from the cap. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get it to seal. I just think it’s a bad quality design and poor quality.

I saw these but wasn’t sure that it fits the 2.0 since they don’t really say anything in the description of the tank.
I bought one and installed it on my 2.0. It doesn’t fit without modification of the tank mount holes and moving the tank mount front support piece. It’ll fit, just barely on the 2.0. On the plus side, I never had a leaking tank again after installing it but it’s a bear to get in and requires a bit of bending the rear support post just slightly for alignment which works out OK as it’s flexible plastic.

Back