flm extended arms vs kraken X2E

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVE1979SK

One question . flm extended arms vs kraken X2E extended arms . Which are more suitable for heavy baja with big bore engine. Can the plastic kraken withstand impacts ?. Is it worth saving weight or paying extra for strength ? . I would also like to know what kind of warranty the X2E have , if any at all.. as far as I can see, you can't buy only one side separately in case of a broken front arm.. you can only buy the full set , or only the rear arms 🤔

Flm is certainly stronger bar none, lots of pros and cons to both. Personally I'd go flm with a bigbore as the plastic arms can have more flex.

With that said, I am running kraken arms on My baja with the scott finlay rc50 and have had good luck, but it's a field Basher, if I was going to be catching good air or on tough terrain with guaranteed rollovers I'd go flm. I've had some pretty wicked rollovers with 46lb bajas and never tweaked a flm arm. Part of that is I run an aluminum bulkhead, aluminum arms, but plastic wheels hubs. Most of the time the wheel hubs take 80% of the impact.

I know I'm going to break kraken arms, but it's a risk I'm going to take as I have other bajas setup differently.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks