DBXL G320 motor runs good and then bogs and dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, In my case i put in a new clunk filter inside the gas tank. Some times fibers can break free of new filters. When the screen was removed, I could see little fibers trapped. Replaced the screen, and problem was gone.

yes, In my case i put in a new clunk filter inside the gas tank. Some times fibers can break free of new filters. When the screen was removed, I could see little fibers trapped. Replaced the screen, and problem was gone.
I could see this happening , does not take much to plug the inlet screen in the carb, how about a filter that is a sintered stone style and not a felt type filter?

So, the whole story is that I was out running with the fellas, and my car started to act up. I asked one of the more experienced guys for help. He couldn't figure it out. Someone else had a spare carb I could try. Put that on, the problem went away. Put my carb back on, problem returned. The next day I made the following video of what was happening, then took the carb, and the video to OBR. After seeing the video, he popped the carb apart. took the screen out, and I could visibly see fibers in the screen. He didn't know it was going to be fibers, that's just what it was in this case. He explained the 1242 carbs have a double woven screen, and will catch things other carbs won't. He sprayed some kind of fluid into the carb, blew it out, then replaced the screen. Haven't had a problem since. But here's the video of what my car was doing, just to be sure we're comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

So, the whole story is that I was out running with the fellas, and my car started to act up. I asked one of the more experienced guys for help. He couldn't figure it out. Someone else had a spare carb I could try. Put that on, the problem went away. Put my carb back on, problem returned. The next day I made the following video of what was happening, then took the carb, and the video to OBR. After seeing the video, he popped the carb apart. took the screen out, and I could visibly see fibers in the screen. He didn't know it was going to be fibers, that's just what it was in this case. He explained the 1242 carbs have a double woven screen, and will catch things other carbs won't. He sprayed some kind of fluid into the carb, blew it out, then replaced the screen. Haven't had a problem since. But here's the video of what my car was doing, just to be sure we're comparing apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

Definitely lean. Its not getting fuel. Tune way off or something is plugged.

I agree very similar problems were having, will tear apart the carb off and take the screen out and inspect

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks