HobbyTron sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I sent them an email a few days ago, looking for a body for Meli's Mut. I asked if I could get a parts list and to see if they had the Body Meli wanted...

Here is the response... Cut and pasted from my returned Email..

Nope, try www.google.com.

Do Not Reply to this Email.

Thanks,
HobbyTron.com

Boy, makes me want to run right out and buy some of their products!! Gotta love their customer service!!

If they hadn't made this buggy with an On Road chassis, I could buy any buggy body I wanted... But they had to make it difficult.

Jerks.. :censored:

Ha ha, cor that response was soo crap I had to laugh!!! Makes you wonder if they have so much business that they don't need any more!

I looked all over Google, all 40 something pages of junk and didn't find squat!! I ended up finding the body she wanted, by bugging a store on Ebay!! (they had a complete "New Style" Mutilator for sale) After about a dozen emails back and forth, the guy said he had one and would sell it.

I contacted HobbyTron again and told them I had found one, but I still would like to find some more parts for it.

Here's what I received...

OK, another cut and paste...

Mr Gibbs.

Thank you for your Continued interest in our products. We DO NOT have any products that meet your search criteria and consider the matter closed. We DO NOT carry the Mutilator 6 at this time, nor will we in the future.

Do Not Reply to this Email.

Thanks,
HobbyTron.com

How's that for customer relations?? I mean WTF!! Notice how the "Continued" was capitalized?? peepee's!

I took this as, Go Fu*k yourself, we don't want to help you, "Nor will we in the future"!!! Damn this pisses me off!

Trip..

Hobbytron.com bites the big one

Bought two items. One lasted 2 minutes. Called 'em, wrote, asked for replacement or refund. Their answer? Too bad for you, chump. I can only hope that readers of this will shop elsewhere and crappytron will lose 10 times what they ripped me off for.

HobbyTron is a rip-off company!!!

DO NOT do business with HobbyTron!!! Here is my experience with this company...

1) I purchased a remote control truck from HobbyTron on 11/27/2010. This was my son's Christmas present so I ordered it well in advance in case any issues came up.

2) I received the truck on 12/6/2010 and followed the directions and charged the battery overnight. I plugged it in and no response what so ever.

3) I called HobbyTron on 12/7/2010 (waited 20 minutes for a human to answer). I asked if they could charge my credit card for another one, let me send this back, and then they could credit my credit card when they received the non-working truck. They said they could not do that. They DO NOT provide refunds. They told me I would have to fill out a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) on their website and I would have to send it back to them to have it fixed and returned. They said there was no way I would get it before Christmas.

4) I filled out a RMA on their website and a few days later I received an e-mail saying they were shipping out a new battery and charger. So, their RMA means nothing to them. They just assumed it was the battery or charger (Even though I told them the battery was warm when charging). I figured we can at least try it...

5) One week passed and no battery or charger in the mail. I called and they said it was "in the process of being shipped". Another week passes and I called. They said "Well, it is coming from oversees so it may take a while". I told them that I would be disputing the charge on my credit card and they HUNG UP ON ME!!!

6) I disputed the charge on my credit card and will have to wait up to two months before it is resolved.

Here is my advice:
1) DO NOT do business with HobbyTron.
2) Go to your local Hobby store and fork out the extra money and get a good remote control car. I did this and paid $185 for an extremely durable car (Traxxas Stampede) and the Hobby store will fix the car if it ever breaks for $30 per hour. That assurance alone was worth it to me. The hobby store people know what sucks and what does not. HobbyTron almost destroyed my son's Christmas, but the local hobby store made him happy...

Back