mcd competition v4 monster truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trouble is the mcd V3 is an older model, sooner or later parts will be harder to come by as they are already

I would stick with the latest V4 model, just my opinion

Troy

Troy these are the Ultimates :cool:

nothing to wear out ;)

they have the LSD as standard $600 usd a pair:w00t:

the only thing i would add is the alloy bottom diff housings

its just what you wanted :lol::lol:

K....

Troy these are the Ultimates :cool:

nothing to wear out ;)

they have the LSD as standard $600 usd a pair:w00t:

the only thing i would add is the alloy bottom diff housings

its just what you wanted :lol::lol:

K....

price tag is very tempting ;)and to be honest if i had the spare cash i probably would

Troy

Thanks guys so to sum things up , I should up grade the diff housing front, center, rear? also alloy gear plate is this correct? what do you guys use to lube your diff's with. Is this something I need to do first, does that come already done? will i need to oil shocks to. I know I have to check for screw tightness and use lock tight correct. the info you guys provide is priceless. I really mean it. I new at this and I'm very thankful. I'll keep you up dated on everything. should place oder next wk. Snowing hear in michigan. can't wait for the weather to break.

so which are you going for V4 or Ultimate:lol::lol::lol:

just think the Ultimate has $900 in just the LSD diffs and alloy gear plate:w00t:

these parts along with the alloy arms and towers,will fit the V4

K....

you will have to get your skates on for the alloy gear carrier :)

they are now showing in short supply,maybe last one

don't be tempted with any other aftermarket makes,as there are

non better than the MCD ones :D

full sets of front and rear alloy arms at Modelismo,now at bargain prices:cool:

K....

looked on Modelismo web ...........

seems like he has now just sold his last alloy gear plate:(

did you buy it:D

K....

You have to take into account how it will de driven

I personally like the plastic setup due to its flexibility it can take a good bashing and survive also cheaper to replace parts :)

The ultimate is more about the bling factor, yes it does look nice but its a very heavy truck with no flexibility with aluminium, parts will bend and ain't cheap to replace, but whatever you choose you will enjoy......

Troy

Guys' I just saw the new mcd ev03 all alloy unlimited edition mt. Think that might be a better choice then the mcd competition v4 mt. I plan on ordering this thing tomorrow asap. It comes with a cy 26cc motor. I do plan on upgrading to onb 30.5cc full mod motor so, should i get just the rolling chassis? Or get the cy motor that comes with it and up grade later or should I buy the optional zenoah 28.cc 4-bolt engine that comes with it?

Troy just read your comments re: palstics or alloy on the ultimate. I'm new with the 1/5th scale. Not that much into bashing, will being going to the local track, open fields and beaches. Will treat this thing like a Caddy!

Guys' I just saw the new mcd ev03 all alloy unlimited edition mt. Think that might be a better choice then the mcd competition v4 mt. I plan on ordering this thing tomorrow asap. It comes with a cy 26cc motor. I do plan on upgrading to onb 30.5cc full mod motor so, should i get just the rolling chassis? Or get the cy motor that comes with it and up grade later or should I buy the optional zenoah 28.cc 4-bolt engine that comes with it?

don't forget this is an old model that is not made any more :(

but for the money is a bargain ......:cool:............but will still have to toughen up the plastic diff cases around the front bearing

http://old.mcdracing.com/monsterultimate.html

make sure you can still get alloy back up spares (arms,towers,shocks) before you buy..........

i would go for Multiplex digi 4 servos, as the pretty red cases

go well with the bits of red on the ultimate :lol::lol:

i have 12 of them on various models :eek:

K....

Last edited:
Your right Trebor, It is an older model. Looked for the evo3 hop-ups on largescalerc didn't see any. I'll try rc modlismo if they don't have then I'll stay with my 1st choice the mcd comp v4 MT with the ONB 7.5 hp 30.5cc full mod 4-bolt zenoah engine.

Your right Trebor, It is an older model. Looked for the evo3 hop-ups on largescalerc didn't see any. I'll try rc modlismo if they don't have then I'll stay with my 1st choice the mcd comp v4 MT with the ONB 7.5 hp 30.5cc full mod 4-bolt zenoah engine.

maybe safer .........then upgrade the V4 as funds permit;)

K....

Man that evo ultimate sure looks good for the money didn't see many hop up spares on rc modelismo just the upper wishbones no towers lower wishbones or shocks. Oh well so much for that. glad I use this site If I didn't talk you guys I would have purchase that MT without every knowing it was an old model. Thanks again Trebor for the insight.

Well I missed spoken, largescalerc.com has the lower and upper arms, shock towers and shocks. That changes things now can't beat that deal for the cost and the spare parts. have to say the parts are COSTLY LOWER ARMS= $ 259.00 for 2 WOW!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks