Motor Connector Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

429CV23

I'm in the process of building a 45" jetboat using a 5694 1000kV motor. The connector ends on the motor measure as 8mm. I sourced an 8mm connector set, but the new connectors slide very easily over the spring connectors on the motor wires. I don't know if spreading the tangs/fingers to create a tighter fit is a good idea or not.
The pairs of connectors in the 8mm set have normal friction/fit with each other.
Are the connectors included with these motors a different sizing? I'm a noob with electric systems; virtually all my RC gear is nitro or gas.
Thanks!

It is possible to slightly nudge the prongs of the male connector but they are kind of hard to start to move then break suddenly if over forced. To loose will cause a voltage drop and heat. Raz shefrin has qs8 connectors and had them tested for 1000 amps and in the video a thermal camera shows it's the wire that gets the hottest. Try the manufacturer of your esc to get the proper size bullets for the motor wires, also try to keep the wires as short as possible without more connections between esc motor

Thanks for the info!
I think my best bet for now is to replace the male connectors with those supplied in the connector kit since they have a much better fit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks