Motorcycle chat thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sooo......its only took me around 3 years since I bought these spare rims for my cbr1100xx...:ROFLMAO:...to finally get em powdered coated....:rolleyes:

now I gota clean me calipers up and fit new pads all round.....fit new hugger.....and obv get me new rubber fitted/balanced up and on the bike....:)...and the best bit....me mate got his mate to do em FOC... :p....I said I`d sort him out at the nx man cave pool/darts/rum session...;)
also gonna need sum nice shiny new disc bolts aswell...:unsure:...cant b putting on the mankey old ones....?

Last edited:
not a happy bunny....
>:D
...2x of my new disc bolts snapped way before they were tight...
..so there going bak .
;)
...as in my mind there not for purpose...
???

20190326_173120 by evssv, on Flickr
luckily I managed to get the threaded bits out.....
>:(

jus opened a return for both lots...front and rears.....60 quids worth of so called ti spec bolts...
???
...lol..ti spec my ass...
???

20190326_174009 by evssv, on Flickr

not a happy bunny....
...2x of my new disc bolts snapped way before they were tight...
..so there going bak .
;)
...as in my mind there not for purpose...
???

20190326_173120 by evssv, on Flickr
luckily I managed to get the threaded bits out.....
>:(

jus opened a return for both lots...front and rears.....60 quids worth of so called ti spec bolts...
???
...lol..ti spec my ass...
???

20190326_174009
by evssv, on Flickr
I'd suggest running a tap into the holes just to clean out any old loctite that was used on the old bolts. Glad you got the broken bolts out .

there spot less as they been in the chem bath before powder coating.....(y)......all bare alloy in there.....
new bolts had t.lock on but it was obv still wet when they went in...I should of said the last turn to get them tight was when they snapped..(n)...but either way they should of not did this as I can swing on the Honda bolts no probs.......(y)..
manky!
???
!....

20190326_184405 by evssv, on Flickr

ripped off the old hugger as the 2x chain side hexs had stuck fast and rounded out ffs...
..so mull grips did the trick...
8-)

20190326_184414 by evssv, on Flickr

started to get dark so I had to call it a day..
B-|
..managed to clean up the inner of the swing arm and the ohlins shock.....
8-)
...will clean all pistons tomorrow while the tyre dude fits me bearings/tyres but the pads r still too good to change out atm....so they`ll stay in for now....
8-)

also I had a ....like when u get a blob of sumin on or in ur tyre u can feel it ...this was last wk....but we chked tyre but found nothing obvious..
:-/
..my puncture Friday night must been this I thk....and this was the source of my werid feeling I was getting from the front tyre...
:o

IMG-20190326-WA0002 by evssv, on Flickr

and if 1 wasn't enuff....
???
....there was a smaller one like the above pic with visible metal showing....
???

Last edited:
Looks even better in the sun:cool:
well its mot time tomorrow morning so need to swap me stubbies for sumin a bit quitier as don't wanna upset the tester...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:....put me leo vinces on as they sound very deep n rumbley?
Jus gave it a good once over with her mr sheen polish...
Me sv only comes out from hibernation april until Sept then it goes away for the winter....?...and only rode on nice dry days.....its only ever been out in the rain about 7-8 times since I've had it..:oops:...got it in 2006-7....i thk..?.26000 odd miles now.

Looks even better in the sun:cool:
well its mot time tomorrow morning so need to swap me stubbies for sumin a bit quitier as don't wanna upset the tester...:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:....put me leo vinces on as they sound very deep n rumbley?
Jus gave it a good once over with her mr sheen polish...
Me sv only comes out from hibernation april until Sept then it goes away for the winter....?...and only rode on nice dry days.....its only ever been out in the rain about 7-8 times since I've had it..:oops:...got it in 2006-7....i thk..?.26000 odd miles now.
srry for my ignorance, whats the blue one? its sooo freakin beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when the CBR1100XX's were released, they set the sport MC community on the edges of their seats with the "king of top speed" claims. Impressive bikes ! Kawi's ZX11 was the "other" contender , and this was the beginning of the "top speed" wars,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks