New 32cc Reed Case engine from China

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another perfect example of someone reinventing the wheel.
The old mount on the block has worked for years now someone gets the bright idea.....
" Hey, let's make this different and more difficult to work on".

Why not , the old way worked since dirt was invented but since it is 2024 lets FUBAR this too.

Unless the vehicle is very large, I think a reed case motor is appropriate. With heavy engines, the frame may buckle, and the surrounding environment has a large effect. The reed case is a little more expensive, but the benefits are even greater.

Hope she goes hard for you mate, what were the power output figures, you guy's in America should look hard at Australian company roster tail engins, you could get them cheap with the exchange rate of US dollars to Australia dollars
I'm a Aussie, I have a full mod reed 30.5 & boy does she go hard
is the engine in a baja or losi if i can ask..

Never had a problem with the coil mounting on the new engine . If you feel the need to alter the timing , surely you would have to rotate the coil pack clockwise or counter clockwise instead of just up or down , which is just to set the air gap . and how would you check the timing with a pulse device such as this?

My flywheels are keyed to the crankshaft , so how do you alter the timing , obviously you are measuring BTDC , but how do you physically change it?
That key is not there to keep the flywheel from rotating , it is there for alignment purposes only.
Simple , delete it and you can set it wherever you choose.
You just have to be sure that the contact of the crank taper and flywheel are perfect and clean and dry when assembled , this is done with lapping compound prior to assembly.

I have done this for years when racing karts , chainsaws as well as RC cars. Never had any issues whatsoever.

Not the best video on this but it will give you the general idea of what you can do.

So I assume you add a few degrees of advance to your engines. My timing wheel 1s rather large for these tiny flywheels.
I've only done it on chainsaws so far but I'll be experimenting with the Zenoahs too. I'll get the 3" timing wheek DDM sells fir them. My current wheel is 8".

On saws its usually around 6° of advance on average. No more than 10°. Some don't like any.

So I assume you add a few degrees of advance to your engines. My timing wheel 1s rather large for these tiny flywheels.
I've only done it on chainsaws so far but I'll be experimenting with the Zenoahs too. I'll get the 3" timing wheek DDM sells fir them. My current wheel is 8".

On saws its usually around 6° of advance on average. No more than 10°. Some don't like any.

I use the largest wheel I can , as long as you can adapt it to what you have. Bigger diameter makes it more accurate since the lines between each degree is larger.

As far as how much timing to add? Well that's a crap shoot.
Start off with a couple degrees and go from there.

Back