New to1/5 Scale..Slawhammer's Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Nothing new going on for my project...got most of the parts for the rebuild again....
My car has been sat off to the side for the moment.....I have 2 new projects going
on for Rc..with the miss's & my self....as a joint effert in the hobby of doing some thing together............Slaw......

Post some pics. Who cares if it is an electric? I don't. This forum is dead right now any way. I have to go elsewhere to read up on stuff.

No Pictures yet....I have yet another Rc unit too add to the out fit....I bought this
week.....This unit will need some work done to it.....Now the unit I got for the Miss's
is tricked out pretty good all ready with up grades....Her's will be just ..prerry much go
...Just charge the batteries......Well seeing how CSP got the jump on this ahead of me
..He got the inside track to some things I am doing for Rc....................
The only way I could get the miss's in to RC Hobby was to go ....ELECTRIC...
cuz most woman don't want to get a grease mess or dirt on them..................
So with that sais..I got her a Traxass T-Maxx....New tricked out paint job for the body
never ..put on the truck....Other up grades with RPM componets...(tough Darlin)...
Like I say I got yet another Rc unit I just bought this Monday too add to the collection
..............Cheers my friends.....stay tuned in.........Slawhammer

That would be.......E- Maxx being Electric......all parts are pretty much the same
except for the electric power plant & trans....
But it falls under T-Max ..........Nice unit.....Slaw

The son has a T-Maxx nitro2.5...getting it pretty much tricked out with up grades...
he's on the third engine....I ported up a sleeve I crank for him....that thing is crazy
fasy for what it is......New he has done a porting job him self with my supervision
to get it correct.......He drive's the living hell out of it.....Slaw

Ther will not be a new addition to slaw's stable.....The Rc truck I bought I am giving to
the miss's grand child....He will be 4 next summer....time too get him in too rc....
I picked up a Traxass Rustler electric.....for a good price....Better tha A Radio Shack or
some thing from WalMart.....Besides Traxass will have support & patrs........
The little guy is already driving a big electric jeep....rides a small 2 wheel bike (no training wheels)....asks may questions about my 1/5 gasser and wants to help.....
he is getting to know parts by name....I let him help with nuts & bolts...............
Right now things are on hold for Rc Stuff to be done..................................
Family member in ICU at hospital......So I am not going to be in the forum much....
I will give update later on my Rc Projects......Slawhammer

Traxxas stuff is pretty durable, and if the kid can ride without training wheels allready, he's got the co ordination. just toss a tiny pinion and big spur on to slow it down if the radio doesn't have epa.

you understand the health crisis situation better than most so nothing I can say. if there's anything you need though, just ask. if I have it, it's yours

Hey Bigger..Yeah that will be fun for the little guy......
Things are stable for the moment at the hospital........
cool day here 40* degree out..rain did quit...few hours ago......
weather calls for 60 *degrees Monday....so I will be running my car again..
Maybe last good outing for the gasser.......Cheers my friends....Slawhammer

Slaw- took mine out today to run the gas out. A guy down the street was walking up so I killed the engine thinking he was going to tell me to turn the blessed thing off. He was wanting to know all about it. It was supposed to be in the 60's and "beautiful" according to weather people. Well, it was about a 25 mph wind gusts and it felt like the upper 40's. Idiots couldn't forecast the weather in their own refrigerators.

Well to day was a not so good day for me health wise..but I took the miss's
Traxas E-Maxx out for a check ride..every thing was A-Ok.........................
Now to me it seemd like a (fat turd).....to slow for my liking and too quite.........
Be ok to learn how to drive and learn control of the truck..............................
I can If I want make that truck hit 80 Mph....with a different electrical system....
I am talking the Castle Creations Mamba Monster for 1/8 scale with 6s batteries.....
So you guys that run electric know what i am talking about.........Slaw

a monster on 6s will be insane. then you'll want to beef those shafts and maybe get some robinson racing tranny gears.

sure wonder about the 2 speed though. I wonder if it's just locked in second, maybe first since the connections are there. 8 screws from the bottom takes it out ;)

As to the trans..I have no clue..there is a rubber plug in the housing..so it is set up for a 2 psd..guess ya have to buy thr kit.....there $50 bucks...for a shift kit.......
as to what gear ..I would say 2nd.......For now ..not going to do any thing with
the E-Max.....When there is a problem with the trans..It willbe rebuild up with all
new cermic bearings and all metal gears.....I looked in to Robinson gears........
As to the Mamba Monster.....that is possiable......If not that will be 4 sale. the Mamaba Monster.....As I will have no use for it..........Slaw

Well nice sunny day here 65* degree's out...I did not run yet today..been sick
I did get the miss's to take her E-Maxx out for a bit....She made a couple coments...
1..Quite on noise...2..It don't do wheelies.....
I got the Tx set in training mode..so it is only running at about half speed..too learn how
to control things.......I said I can make it do wheelie's & go 80+mph...will scare the
crap out of out...Yeah my thought for the castle monster mamba......
I may get you later..when feeling better..so that's it..nothing on my project for now...
Cheer'smy friends..slawhammer

Well guys not much new for my project...Just too much family crisis going on....
I will be starting soon tho....
As to Charlie Boy..I have many electronis componets to use...Main reason is I am going to use a 11.4 volt 5000mah LiPo battery....for longer run time....
But to do this ..as the Rec voltage is only rated for 6 volts.........
I have to us a stepdown voltage regulator...now seeing it will be LiPO battery..I have to use a LiPo battery cutt/off..to limit volt drop..as well as a low alarm buzzer...
now I have the picco kill switch as well....plus the Rec...All these items take room..
1 small radio box will not hold it all....besides these item heat up..they have to cool as well...I figured out I can use a plactic box 1x3x3...use shoe goo and attach it on top of the rhino steering servo....plus the orig radio box....So I think I can use 2 box's...
The Rec in abox all by it's own wrapped in bubble wrap....The Rec by it's self will not get any interferance from any other electrical componet..for mixed signals........
Lot of hassle for better run time....But I believe LiPo will be a better battery to use...
I wanted to use 11.4 volts.....for any future thoughts of lights..I still have enough
battery power to do it all........Not many people would go to all this trouble.....
But this is my hobby..my life revolves aroung my hobby..always thinking of different
ideas I can use for my car.........So stay tuned guys ..I will be back at this project soon.......Besides working on the miss's E-Max electric truck......Slawhammer

Back