Rovan 1/5 Baja Video. Give me feedback!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkelley05

Alright I've had the baja for about a week now. Given a few small mishaps (my fault)its up and running really good. I'm just really new to the gas thing and I'm used to buying a weedeater and cranking it and running the dog piss out of it and never caring. Could someone give me little feedback based on the video if it sounds like its running right. My problem is I can't tell if the sound is a "rich" sound or "lean" sound. I've never heard one that was running right to compare it too. It does seem to bog a little when I give it WOT but I'm not sure. It may be right. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing first ,get a chassis brace or a worx or Uber front bumper.The chassis are weak.I'm on my second chassis and the car hasnt had two tanks of fuel through it yet!I 've been driving FG's and haven't bent a chassis yet.
J

Attachments

• Picture 308.jpg
    Picture 308.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 309.jpg
    Picture 309.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 18
thanks guys. I catch on to this crap after a while. I've just never heard one to compare it to. I've heard them on the computer but eh. Thanks again.

Hi jkelley,

Check out this thread for tuning.

(the part in the quotes)

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showpost.php?p=23906&postcount=4

Nice ride by the way! :)

Thanks! I'll give some of that a try.

Check your plug. Plug color will always answer your questions.

I will have to remember to take off the top cover and bring my plug wrench when i get it out next time. It seems to run really good. Of course my main concern is not really at this point running the fastest or having the best acceleration. I'm still getting used to wrenching on this after only messing with airplanes, Crawlers and Shortcourse trucks....all electric. I just don't wanna run lean, and really mess something up before I get a good chance to enjoy it.

Thanks again Fellows.

enjoy your car!!!

Alright I've had the baja for about a week now. Given a few small mishaps (my fault)its up and running really good. I'm just really new to the gas thing and I'm used to buying a weedeater and cranking it and running the dog piss out of it and never caring. Could someone give me little feedback based on the video if it sounds like its running right. My problem is I can't tell if the sound is a "rich" sound or "lean" sound. I've never heard one that was running right to compare it too. It does seem to bog a little when I give it WOT but I'm not sure. It may be right. Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ckE4I87X4o

ones u drive fuel cars u will never go back!!!! i also fly elec.heli,but cars...only petrol!!!nice vid if u want to have some more speed use jetpro v3 or vrc pipes,from ddm!!! change the gearing,enjoy...u can ask anything u want and i will try to help u as much as i can

Back