Shock seal rebuild kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seals on my monster buggy are leaking. It looks like part number 6099 but i haven't had any luck locating it. Is there an alternative kit from another vehicle that will work?

That buggy has been out of production many years. Ebay might be the only place for parts if they are specific to that car. If its a seal that is used for other things outside of rc, it could be out there.
The seals on my monster buggy are leaking. It looks like part number 6099 but i haven't had any luck locating it. Is there an alternative kit from another vehicle that will work?
Which seals? Is there a part number on the seal itself?

That buggy has been out of production many years. Ebay might be the only place for parts if they are specific to that car. If its a seal that is used for other things outside of rc, it could be out there.

I wondered about ebay as well.

This seems to be what happens over time , I have some older nitro on road cars I was going to run but parts are so limited for some of them I am afraid if I break it is probably going to go in a box in pieces instead of on the shelf.
So I did come up with a solution to this problem!.........................Buy a 1/5 scale.

Can you measure the shock and maybe find something else that might work , or like jeepfreak mentioned source a seal from somewhere or something else. Sometimes you have to get creative.

The kit part #6099
Maybe just a simple "O" ring if it is the shaft?
Well the bushings are also sloppy. The seals were hard as a rock so i soaked them in acetone for a bit and they got soft again. Sadly they grew a little to big but i got them back in. But who knows how long they will last. I'll have to get out the micrometer and hit Hobby store.

Last edited:
The kit part #6099
I posted that because I missed it was a shock seal you needed. Regular oil seals usually have the manufacturers part number on them which can be different than an end users part number. Below is an example. Seals and bearings usually have a universal number. Unfortunately, you don't need an oil seal for a rotating shaft. Its probably O-rings you need like mentioned above.
950_200-1198051286.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks